This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

F.E.A.R. 3 is a solid shooter.

#1ChaseFAQsPosted 11/13/2011 10:36:46 AM
I'm almost halfway through the game (Interval 3) and enjoying the game immenseley. The game doesn't really fail in any area. Great graphics, physics, special effects, atmosphere, combat. The guns feel weighty. So why the low review scores?

As a huge fan of the original F.E.A.R., I am not let down by this title. I have yet to play F.E.A.R. 2 but it seems the consensus is it's better than F.E.A.R. 3. How would you compare 2 and 3?
#2Dr_AaronPosted 11/13/2011 10:51:04 AM
I've only played it a bit on PC, it's pretty much Call of Dutyised, too arcadey.

They've ruined the series as a whole for the sake of greed; and it's all YOUR (casual players) fault.
#3themerlinPosted 11/13/2011 11:14:30 AM
Yeah i like the whole series, FEAR 3 gets much better after level 3. Underrated imo.
---
As the world plunges into chaos, in this the final days of the wretched human race, there is only one antidote to this misery.....THE ELECTRIC WIZARD.
#4spectermaster14Posted 11/13/2011 11:21:13 AM

I've only played it a bit on PC, it's pretty much Call of Dutyised, too arcadey.

They've ruined the series as a whole for the sake of greed; and it's all YOUR (casual players) fault.

Maybe I didn't play enough FEAR originally, but I recall going into slow motion and gunning down hoards of enemies during my time with the first one... Is there something about that that ISN'T arcadey?

Does the third one have offline co-op? I remember hearing about a co-op mode, but can't remember if it was offline or online. Wouldn't mind checking it out if it has couch co-op.
#5seb03Posted 11/13/2011 11:22:46 AM
the game has split screen but where you play in little boxes
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."
#6themerlinPosted 11/13/2011 11:23:44 AM
spectermaster14 posted...

Maybe I didn't play enough FEAR originally, but I recall going into slow motion and gunning down hoards of enemies during my time with the first one... Is there something about that that ISN'T arcadey?

Does the third one have offline co-op? I remember hearing about a co-op mode, but can't remember if it was offline or online. Wouldn't mind checking it out if it has couch co-op.

Don`t worry dude some think original games are the best regardless, all new games are casual and suck/

FEAR has always been an arcadey corridor shooter. And a great one at that.
---
As the world plunges into chaos, in this the final days of the wretched human race, there is only one antidote to this misery.....THE ELECTRIC WIZARD.
#7almasbabyPosted 11/13/2011 11:56:16 AM
My favorite FPS series. 2 is slightly better than 3 in gameplay, and more atomospheric as well.
#8Dillon360Posted 11/13/2011 1:11:01 PM
Agreed.

The gameplay is very fun and the cover system is AMAZING. I wish that more FPS games had a cover system like this.
---
All it takes to be a superhero is the choice to FIGHT EVIL
#9sonicteam2k1Posted 11/13/2011 1:51:44 PM
it's good but it's too short. One of the best cover systems in a FPS
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#10Z2488Posted 11/13/2011 2:38:27 PM
I played the original FEAR, both expansions, and FEAR 2 earlier this year. Thought the original game was awesome, but the second one was mediocre at best. I've been waiting for a price drop on FEAR 3, because I've heard it's more like the first game than the second.
---
i5 2500k - Sapphire 5850 - MSI Z68A-GD80 - OCZ Fatal1ty 550W - GSkill 12GB - 1.5TB Caviar Green - NZXT Beta EVO