This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much does an HDMI cable help?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How much does an HDMI cable help?
4 years ago#11
Yeah your not playing in HD at all with just the red yellow and white cord. You will notice a huge different with an hdmi.
4 years ago#12
Get that HDMI cable for yourself good sir, if there's a local Five Below near your joint, you can get one there for five bucks.
---
PR Advisor and Co-Founder for United For Tales:
http://www.unitedfortales.org/
4 years ago#13
If it came with Red / White / Yellow cables, then yes, toss them immediately and get an HDMI cable. It will be a much better picture. If you have Red / Green / Blue cables and are currently outputting in 720p or higher then HDMI won't help much. Usually you can hit display or info or something on your tv remote to see what resolution your currently outputting. If its 480i then that's SD and you can definitely do better with HDMI.
4 years ago#14
You have sd composite cables.

Yes get an HDMI cable it will make a huge difference.

But dont pay any more than 10 bucks for one. A 2$ cable gives the same exact picture as a 100$ or more cable.

I suggest monoprice.com. Very cheap and solid quality.
---
XBL: eL Sm3gmA ::: PSN: Smegtico
"so continue to not care, while a bunch of fat pre teen kids teabag you"- shrub999
4 years ago#15
Yeah I second the above poster. Dont pay a lot for an HDMI cable. Digital signals either work or they don't. There isn't really any difference in quality so long as the cable isnt physically defective.
4 years ago#16
I'd love to be there when you hook up your hdmi cable

all this time you have been playing in standard definition
4 years ago#17
Personally, I prefer to use the HDMI over the HD component cables that came with the xbox simply because there's less cords behind my tv.
---
Currently Playing: Black Ops, Red Dead Redemption, Fallout: New Vegas
4 years ago#18
Less cable clutter too.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. How much does an HDMI cable help?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived