This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about the VGA cable

#1MetlGearPIkachuPosted 11/13/2011 9:35:11 PM
My SDTV can't play Skyrim so I was thinking about buying a VGA cable so it can play through an old flatscreen monitor (well not that old)

Only issue is I have no speakers and my computer is a macbook. Would it be possible to use my TV as a "speaker" of sorts by using the red and white composite cables or would I have to use earphones until I buy some speakers?
---
GT: MistyaChance
Because everything's exactly like nothing else. Ya dig?
#2Rolen74Posted 11/13/2011 9:40:47 PM
Depends on your TV. Some TV's bluescreen and don't play audio if there is no video. You can test it right now, take out the yellow cable and see if you still have sound.
---
Milk-a-whaaaaaaaaa!?
#3MetlGearPIkachu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2011 9:46:03 PM
Awesome I was wondering if that'd work. Yea I removed the video (yellow) cable and there was still sound. So I can just plug in the two RCA's into the TV and use it as a speaker? If so then that'd be wonderful.
---
#4blacklabel357Posted 11/13/2011 9:57:49 PM
That should work, but it works much better with a stereo that has the audio inputs/AUX. I used to do that with the VGA cable, unfortunately the only problem is you have to have them really close together because the cables are so short.
---
Xbox live gamertag - TheurgicWraith
#5MetlGearPIkachu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2011 10:01:31 PM

That should work, but it works much better with a stereo that has the audio inputs/AUX. I used to do that with the VGA cable, unfortunately the only problem is you have to have them really close together because the cables are so short.

Yea I plan on having it close to my set so distance isn't an issue, just don't have a spare stereo lying around.
---