This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a game that you can play for small amounts of time ( read topic).

#1BigFHPosted 11/16/2011 9:26:29 AM
Looking to get a new game or two. I was thinking about getting Skyrim but my friends that have it told me that it sucks you in and it is really hard to play for small amounts of time. I still want to get the game but right now I am thinking about getting it in the Summer.

Any way down to the topic, I was thinking of picking up a game or two that you can play for small amounts of time and if you want to longer periods of time.

Right now the only game that I have played that seems to fit this mold is Rayman Origins.

I was also thinking of getting MW 3 but every time I play it with a friend it is hard to play for small periods of time. So might either pass on this one or pick it up at a later time.

Finally the other games that I have been looking at are Metal Gear Solid Hd Collection and AC revelations. But concerning Revelations will probably pick this one up in the Summer time.

Any way what do u think about Metal Gear and this?

Any other suggestions?
#2gabriusPosted 11/16/2011 9:30:38 AM
-indie and XBLA games are the way for you to go.

Pick up a few shmups ^_^
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#3ramseanPosted 11/16/2011 10:28:50 AM
dead rising 2 off the record and rayman are good choices
---
Best games ever made Metroid Prime, Killer7, FFX, Super Mario Galaxy and Enslaved
#4N64_Rules_88Posted 11/16/2011 10:31:49 AM
Metal Gear Solid is no good for small amounts of time, the story keeps you going and gets very crazy at points.

Something like Torchlight or Dungeon Defenders is good for small bits of play.
---
http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/daylecman
Phenom II X6 1075T @ 3.5GHz - 4GB DDR3 - GTX 460 1GB - Blackwidow Ultimate
#5Citrate1007Posted 11/16/2011 10:41:03 AM
I'm not sure the genre's that you say you like fit with the games you can play for small amounts of time.

I am positive that the answer to your question lies in the XBox arcade, but without knowing your preferences it's hard to make a suggestion. Currently when I want to play for 10-30 minutes only I usually start up Magic 2012, but I have a plethora of options from the arcade.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#6BigFH(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2011 2:53:24 PM
Yeah u are right.

Games I liked on XBLA:
Shadow Complex
Assault Heroes 1
Banjo Kazooie
Peggle
Perfect Dark
Castle Crashers
REZ HD
Super Meat Boy
Battlefield 1943
Monday Night Combat
Dead Rising 2 Case Zero

I have owned others but these ones stand out.
#7BigFH(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2011 3:55:55 PM
bump
#8WinternovaPosted 11/16/2011 4:29:27 PM
Pinball FX 2. GREAT for short-burst gaming. :)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(AFC Champs), Red Wings(Central Champs)
#9JKSonicPosted 11/16/2011 6:29:27 PM
No, Skyrim is great because you can save at any time...somebody with an 11m old and a 22m old here...
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."