This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cheapest place to buy cave's shmups?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Cheapest place to buy cave's shmups?
4 years ago#1
Looking to buy the region free cave shmups. DoDonPachi: Resurrection(european version), ESPgaluda 2, Mushihimesama futari, etc.

Playasia's price went up on ESPgaluda and Mushihimesama has been out of stock forever. I wanted to ask for them for christmas. Already own Deathsmiles.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
4 years ago#2
Actually, Espgaluda II's price still looks pretty standard from what I remember paying for my plat copy of Mushihimesama Futari (which has actually gone down).

I would say try NCSX, but they're sold out of everything except DoDonPachi, but their price is higher than a standard UK site. I got mine from gameplay.co.uk for about $39 (about $45 after shipping) and NCSX is charging $66 for it (not sure what they charge for shipping).

I say grab Espgaluda II from Play-Asia, get DoDonPachi from a UK site, and keep an eye out for Mushihimesama Futari and Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets. I know MMP/PS just got a reprint not too long ago, but it seems like might be sold out already. Or maybe it was upcoming and hasn't been put out yet. I forget.
---
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost
4 years ago#3
Hmm. Conversion rates must be getting worse, but I'd say that is still a good price for ESPGaluda 2.

I got DoDonPachi Resurrection from gameplay.co.uk

It was just under $50 with shipping, exchange rate, and currency conversion fees factored in.

Maybe try yesasia.com for Mushihimesama Futari.
---
My Collection:
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&lid=100018&owner=rcarello&mode=vown
4 years ago#4
I bought DoDonpachi Resurrection from Amazon (UK) for GBP 26.04 / 40 USD (price including shipping).

I was able to get Mushihimesama Futari from Play-Asia for 29.93 / 39.99 USD. 5 USD for shipping. Total: 44.99 USD.

Play-Asia had Mushihimesama Futari in stock a few days ago but they sell them extremely quickly (I ordered it on the 22nd of November and they are already out of stock).

I would advice you to subscribe to the personal agent (thats what I did and within a couple of days they send me an email informing me that they had Mushihimesama in stock).

Edit: Not Euro but GBP. Should be 26.04 GBP / about 40 USD. My Bad.
---
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
4 years ago#5
on the topic of shmups, id like to import a jpn 360. but with all these either going region free or coming out in uk im reluctant to.
---
tales of is japan's call of duty
4 years ago#6
I bought DoDonpachi Resurrection from Amazon (UK) for 26.04 / 35 USD (price including shipping).

What! I bought that from Game while I was in London the day it released and it was 30GBP, which amounts to about 50$USD! How the hell did you get it so cheap? Not that it wasn't worth it, but I'm amazed that for a game so new that it would be that cheap already. =)
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
4 years ago#7
MatrixAndrAIa posted...
I bought DoDonpachi Resurrection from Amazon (UK) for 26.04 / 35 USD (price including shipping).

What! I bought that from Game while I was in London the day it released and it was 30GBP, which amounts to about 50$USD! How the hell did you get it so cheap? Not that it wasn't worth it, but I'm amazed that for a game so new that it would be that cheap already. =)

My bad. I meant 26.04 GBP (not Euros) which is about 40 USD (including shipping). I ordered it from Amazon.co.uk. At the same I pre-ordered Raiden Fighters for 15.61 GBP (including shipping as well).
---
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Cheapest place to buy cave's shmups?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived