This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Cheapest place to buy cave's shmups?

#1Enix BelmontPosted 11/28/2011 7:36:34 AM
Looking to buy the region free cave shmups. DoDonPachi: Resurrection(european version), ESPgaluda 2, Mushihimesama futari, etc.

Playasia's price went up on ESPgaluda and Mushihimesama has been out of stock forever. I wanted to ask for them for christmas. Already own Deathsmiles.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#2McDohl MRPosted 11/28/2011 7:52:48 AM
Actually, Espgaluda II's price still looks pretty standard from what I remember paying for my plat copy of Mushihimesama Futari (which has actually gone down).

I would say try NCSX, but they're sold out of everything except DoDonPachi, but their price is higher than a standard UK site. I got mine from gameplay.co.uk for about $39 (about $45 after shipping) and NCSX is charging $66 for it (not sure what they charge for shipping).

I say grab Espgaluda II from Play-Asia, get DoDonPachi from a UK site, and keep an eye out for Mushihimesama Futari and Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets. I know MMP/PS just got a reprint not too long ago, but it seems like might be sold out already. Or maybe it was upcoming and hasn't been put out yet. I forget.
---
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost
#3MR_SorenPosted 11/28/2011 7:54:08 AM
Hmm. Conversion rates must be getting worse, but I'd say that is still a good price for ESPGaluda 2.

I got DoDonPachi Resurrection from gameplay.co.uk

It was just under $50 with shipping, exchange rate, and currency conversion fees factored in.

Maybe try yesasia.com for Mushihimesama Futari.
---
My Collection:
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?&lid=100018&owner=rcarello&mode=vown
#4Santo3485Posted 11/28/2011 9:55:16 AM(edited)
I bought DoDonpachi Resurrection from Amazon (UK) for GBP 26.04 / 40 USD (price including shipping).

I was able to get Mushihimesama Futari from Play-Asia for 29.93 / 39.99 USD. 5 USD for shipping. Total: 44.99 USD.

Play-Asia had Mushihimesama Futari in stock a few days ago but they sell them extremely quickly (I ordered it on the 22nd of November and they are already out of stock).

I would advice you to subscribe to the personal agent (thats what I did and within a couple of days they send me an email informing me that they had Mushihimesama in stock).

Edit: Not Euro but GBP. Should be 26.04 GBP / about 40 USD. My Bad.
---
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
#5silenthill4vidPosted 11/28/2011 9:38:33 AM
on the topic of shmups, id like to import a jpn 360. but with all these either going region free or coming out in uk im reluctant to.
---
tales of is japan's call of duty
#6MatrixAndrAIaPosted 11/28/2011 9:46:40 AM
I bought DoDonpachi Resurrection from Amazon (UK) for 26.04 / 35 USD (price including shipping).

What! I bought that from Game while I was in London the day it released and it was 30GBP, which amounts to about 50$USD! How the hell did you get it so cheap? Not that it wasn't worth it, but I'm amazed that for a game so new that it would be that cheap already. =)
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#7Santo3485Posted 11/28/2011 10:00:11 AM(edited)
MatrixAndrAIa posted...
I bought DoDonpachi Resurrection from Amazon (UK) for 26.04 / 35 USD (price including shipping).

What! I bought that from Game while I was in London the day it released and it was 30GBP, which amounts to about 50$USD! How the hell did you get it so cheap? Not that it wasn't worth it, but I'm amazed that for a game so new that it would be that cheap already. =)

My bad. I meant 26.04 GBP (not Euros) which is about 40 USD (including shipping). I ordered it from Amazon.co.uk. At the same I pre-ordered Raiden Fighters for 15.61 GBP (including shipping as well).
---
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.