This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it just me or have the XBL/XBLA deals really sucked this year?

#1JKSonicPosted 11/28/2011 7:36:49 AM
Maybe I'm just not remembering correctly, but I thought in most past years since they started the SoA they would put most of those games on sale throughout Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Unless I missed something the only sales I saw were for games that most people didn't buy anyway with a few decent deals thrown in (like BGaE).
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#2kidwgmPosted 11/28/2011 7:38:14 AM
I agree. I was greatly disappointed in XBLA games this year. I don't buy alot of arcade games so its not like there are not good because I already have them either.
---
Player 1 - Press Start
#3DyingPancakePosted 11/28/2011 7:38:43 AM
Last year was better, but the MK Kollection for $5 more than made up for it this year
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
#4Call_Me_A_HeroPosted 11/28/2011 7:40:38 AM
They are really suck, so not only you - I was looking forward to more interesting xbl arcades and add-ons.
---
GT: Call Me A Hero
#5RycerXPosted 11/28/2011 7:48:45 AM(edited)
I thought they were all right, I came out with MTG 2012, Warhammer 40k Kill Team, Stacking, BG&E HD and all the tables for Pinball FX2. I would have most certainly bought Super Meat Boy, Outrun, MvC2 and the MK Arcade Kollection if I didn't have them already. There have been better, but this year wasn't that bad. I kinda wish they'd thrown in a few of the more recent 1200msp games, like Renegade Ops and NBA Jam On Fire.
#6gabriusPosted 11/28/2011 8:35:07 AM
I'm tired of sales - I want to see permanent price drops on older content.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#7RycerXPosted 11/28/2011 8:52:49 AM(edited)
Yeah, I agree. They drop the price on a few things every month, but rarely is it anything good. For instance, there's no reason Castle Crashers, Trials HD and Shadow Complex should still be full price.
#8Gary StantonPosted 11/28/2011 10:17:31 AM
I know I wasn't the only one who rushed out and got two 1600pt cards in anticipation of the XBLA BF/CM sale.

No Radiant Silvergun, no Guardian Heroes, No Black Ops map packs, nothing.

XBLA = worst market for Thanksgiving weekend.
---
"War as a video game; what better way to raise the ultimate soldier?" - Solid Snake
#9PurestProdigyPosted 11/28/2011 10:31:51 AM

I know I wasn't the only one who rushed out and got two 1600pt cards in anticipation of the XBLA BF/CM sale.

No Radiant Silvergun, no Guardian Heroes, No Black Ops map packs, nothing.

XBLA = worst market for Thanksgiving weekend.

Well you can always save those points for the 12 days of Xmas deals they have annually.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]