This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dragon Age Getting Multiplayer, Has Playable Dragons, Built On Frostbite

#1tYRE_602Posted 11/30/2011 6:16:12 AM
Rumor: Dragon Age Getting Multiplayer, Has Playable Dragons, Built On Frostbite 2

That's right, Dragon Age is going multiplayer. The role-playing franchise is, according to an insider, going beyond singleplayer for the first time, and warriors won't simply face off against each other in combat.

Apparently, dragons will also be playable in Dragon Age multiplayer, giving players the chance to go head-to-head with foes in fire-breathing, swooping-through-the-air dragon form.

The insider wasn't sure if Dragon Age multiplayer was going to be part of a full, stand-alone title (ala Dragon Age 3) or available separately as a downloadable game. It is apparently being developed on DICE's Frostbite 2 game engine (used for Battlefield 3), and even early-on the game apparently looks stunning.

The multiplayer is supposedly an arena-based affair and features player versus environment (PvE) elements as well as player versus player (PvP), as well as humans fighting dragons. Details on what PvE battles entail are scant.

The first Dragon Age, Dragon Age: Origins, was a single-player role-playing game released in 2009. A sequel, Dragon Age II, was released earlier this year. It was also a single-player role-playing game.

Kotaku is following up with EA and will update this post should the company comment.

http://kotaku.com/5863668/surprise-dragon-age-getting-multiplayer
#2BingSanpaoPosted 11/30/2011 6:22:41 AM(edited)
Bioware clearly know how to please their fans.
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 11/30/2011 6:42:33 AM
I was pretty much done with the series anyway.
---
Everything's better with zombies. Except pie.
#4SubSeenixPosted 11/30/2011 6:46:16 AM
BingSanpao posted...
Bioware clearly know how to please their fans.

yeah this is all for the CoD Community not for their real fans.
No one wants 90/10 in favor for shooting in Mass Effect and no one wants MP and Action styled combat in Dragon Age.And neither do people need boring quests in Stars Wars TOR - Its all about raiding at the end.

They messed up after such a good start in this Gen.
Building a Fanbase > Destroying it and replacing it with CoD Kids.If that is what they want go for - But dont expect anything mentionworthy for gaming.

Good point if true > Frostbyte 2 is surely interesting to see in a "RPG"
#5ArcXenosPosted 11/30/2011 6:46:47 AM
Before I clicked on this topic , I thought this was gonna be a parody/joke post.

Oh how wrong was I......
#6Sir_Burpalot21Posted 11/30/2011 6:52:18 AM
Cue all the butthurt and RAGE!!!

As for me I am currently indifferent and withhold my judgement until the product is out.
Same goes for Mass Effect 3.
---
"Jack Tretton, chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says he is pleased to see so many unsold PS3s sitting on shelves." -IGN
#7spectermaster14Posted 11/30/2011 7:06:59 AM
What's with the butthurt? RPGs can't have PVP anymore? Curse that CoD, retroactively adding in competitive multiplayer to genres that have featured it for years.
#8themerlinPosted 11/30/2011 7:14:34 AM
Whats wrong with this ?

Sounds cool to me.
---
As the world plunges into chaos, in this the final days of the wretched human race, there is only one antidote to this misery.....THE ELECTRIC WIZARD.
#9Dragon NexusPosted 11/30/2011 7:19:41 AM
It's the same question we always ask. Why does everything NEED multiplayer?
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#10MINION21046Posted 11/30/2011 8:17:14 AM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/5014-How-Skyrim-Proves-The-Industry-Wrong
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig