This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To all the people who are getting "Hacked"

#11Scoter81Posted 12/3/2011 5:22:51 PM
I got one of those yesterday and filed complaint on them.

I doubt anything will happen, but something is going on and this 'blame the user,' attitude doesn't help.

Yes, if you are dumb enough to give your personal info/passwords/whatever to sites like that you deserve to be laughed at.

But something else is going on and idc if it sounds 'conspiracy theory,' I believe the majority of people that got 'hacked,' recently.

Besides, MS is known for having weak security (ILOVEYOU virus, anyone)
#12DemonLordEsedesPosted 12/3/2011 9:49:11 PM
Well, it isn't really MS at fault (not entirely anyway) since its EA getting hacked. The only thing MS can really be blamed for in this is not cracking down on EA requiring that Live accounts be linked to EA servers at all times.

There are too many recent incidences, and too many of them have nearly the exact same MO for all this to be coincidence.
---
"Whenever a thing is done for the first time, it releases a little demon." -Emily Dickinson
#13ATARIJAWAPosted 12/3/2011 9:57:31 PM

Too bad the majority of the people getting hacked never gave out their info online.

No they just use the same password on multiple unsecure sites. Just as bad.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 9-10 = Win. 8-9. major dissapointment. 8 and below Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people who agree so far = 24
#14DemonLordEsedesPosted 12/3/2011 10:45:14 PM
uhh, no. what they are doing is giving access to a company that cares more about money then the security of their customers' information. Because they'd rather be able to get ad revenue by putting real ads on billboards in mercenaries 2 and similar situations.
---
"Whenever a thing is done for the first time, it releases a little demon." -Emily Dickinson