This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So any word on the next crop of AAA titles?

#1donwalloPosted 12/2/2011 8:31:54 PM
Now that Skyrim is out, has there been any word on a new Fallout game?

Now that Batman is out, any announcement about the next Rocksteady game?

...RDR, any chance of a RDR sequel?

...any GTA V news? (Actually I know the answer to that, it's no.)

...Dark Souls, will there be another installment this gen?

It seems like we're at a low point right now for big titles to look forward to. (ME3 is not too intriguing just because so much info is out and it feels overdue.)
---
NO, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH STATING AN OPINION WITHOUT LABELING IT AS SUCH. WHERE DID YOU PEOPLE GET THIS IDEA?
#2iceman505Posted 12/3/2011 12:47:57 PM
As much as some people don't want to admit it, this gen has about run out of gas. There very well may not be another "crop" of them for the aging 360, and PS3. What's on slate for 2012 looks like the last round up.
---
RIP Red Faction 2001-2011.
#3KINGWARPosted 12/3/2011 1:19:41 PM
Soul Calibur 5 And Final Fantasy XIII-2 are coming out just next month.

In the spring we'll have Mass Effect 3 and Max Payne 3.

Next year we'll for sure see Halo 4 and GTA V.

It's almost a given a new Call of Duty will be out as well, plus we might finally see The Last Guardian and Metal Gear Solid Rising.

And who knows what Nintendo has cooking with the Wii U?

2012 is looking pretty good to me.
---
Oh God how did this get here I am not good with computer
#4turtlemancanPosted 12/3/2011 1:21:43 PM
Witcher 2
Kingdoms of Amalur
two games I'm looking forward to in the coming months.

It really doesn't make sense for most developers/publishers to advertise their next games during the holiday season so we'll probably see more news coming out in the next few months. But yeah, the coming few months have a ton of awesome games coming out.
#5DemonLordEsedesPosted 12/3/2011 1:25:25 PM
There's also Dragon's Dogma. I expect to see more hype about this game as it get closer to release, especially since it supposed to be the most expensive game Capcom has ever produced.
---
"Whenever a thing is done for the first time, it releases a little demon." -Emily Dickinson
#6donwallo(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2011 8:53:45 PM
Maybe it's just a matter of personal taste but I think there is a definitely absence of hype right now compared to say early 2011.

At that point there were ME3, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Batman:AC, Saint's Row 3, Portal 2, Rage, LA Noire to look forward to, and that's ignoring shooters.

I'm not saying that no interesting games are coming out in 2012, just that there doesn't seem to be much to look forward to in comparison. I'll grant GTA V and ME3 but with the latter, as I said, there's already so much info out and it's so overdue that the hype is dead for me.

Here's one way of looking at it - right now all of the top 10 Gamefaqs 360 boards are for games that are already released, if I am not mistaken. I believe in early 2011 there were typically three boards for unreleased games in the top 10. (Skyrim, ME3, and rotating slot for games that were about to come out.)
---
NO, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH STATING AN OPINION WITHOUT LABELING IT AS SUCH. WHERE DID YOU PEOPLE GET THIS IDEA?
#7DemonLordEsedesPosted 12/3/2011 9:31:24 PM
Its xmas. people are thinking of current games. don't look at early 2011, look at late 2010. i'm sure you saw the same thing then.
---
"Whenever a thing is done for the first time, it releases a little demon." -Emily Dickinson
#8donwallo(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2011 10:54:10 PM
DemonLordEsedes posted...
Its xmas. people are thinking of current games. don't look at early 2011, look at late 2010. i'm sure you saw the same thing then.

Quite possibly. Was hoping I had missed some info. For some reason I like following upcoming games even more than I like playing them.
---
#9CloudStrife630Posted 12/3/2011 10:56:58 PM
Xenoblade Chronicles has also been confirmed for April 2012 release too.
#10summerclawPosted 12/3/2011 11:02:52 PM
Is December. Nothing till next year.
---
I can eat a Hot Dog underwater.