This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can we ban sequels

#21RRoDeathPosted 12/3/2011 8:58:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22RRoDeathPosted 12/3/2011 9:00:03 AM
I think in some cases every 2 years is still to much.

That is the problem with doing sequels, rush them out too fast and everyone will say they are just a copy & paste clone, wait to long and it builds up to much hype and will never live up to it (Kameo and Duke Nukem Forever come to mind on this part)
---
A true Gamer loves all consoles.....at least while they are working.
#23GiantOrangePosted 12/3/2011 9:03:20 AM
This topic is making me anxious. I've only seen one suggestion for what the length of time should be between sequels. We desperately need more dumbasses to set arbitrary spans of time when sequels should be released and it needs to be done soon.
---
If you ever have a hair that needs splitting, come on over to GameFAQs.
Go Syracuse! Go Red Wings! Go NY Giants!
#24Pacman2dxPosted 12/3/2011 10:05:50 AM

Yes, unless it's Mini Ninjas 2.

This man deserves a medal of honor. I too want a Mini Ninjas 2 .. *high five*
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Thank you Bungie .. 'Per Audacia Ad Astra' ..
#25DemonLordEsedesPosted 12/3/2011 2:57:17 PM
Didn't anyone notice that this guy said constant sports game updates are fine? That invalidates any other opinion he might have about anything - especially sequels.

Yeah, I caught that too. What is possibly the single WORST move these companies do to milk people of their money, and thats the thing he defends.

the only decent thing any of these sports releases ever did was one of the wrestling (?) games added this side mode about hunting down demons hidden in the stadium and trapping them in some magical jar. You heard me.
---
"Whenever a thing is done for the first time, it releases a little demon." -Emily Dickinson
#26tripletriad99(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2011 3:21:11 PM
hmm good posts.

i agree that I made a mistake w/ the sports games. I was having a few beers while typing my spam., hehe. to clarify, I think it makes sense to have roster updates annually, but those definitely do not need to be sequels. it could be a free or $5 DLC.

I better not get started on DLC. especially what I think of companies which release DLC within 2 months of the original game being released.

so reading everyone's posts above, I'm in general agreement that good sequels, true sequels, are awesome. sequels released just to refine and polish the previous version, not such a fan.

well I am going back to play mw3 now in my attempt to upgrade all my perks to Pro level, and get 100% completion on all game modes. even though a new MW is coming next year, and the year after that. I guess it is not wasted time pursuing all these achievements / completion / whatever, as long as it's fun in the process. like I had mentioned, I buy into this sequel stuff too, sometimes.

I am still a big fan of original IP. a few diamonds in the rough that I've found on 360 are Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Alpha Protocol, and Dante's Inferno. i think Dante's might have done fairly well with sales, but the other two games were pretty much ignored by the general populace, despite having some the best original material in years. highly recommended
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: lightxforce
#27oasisbeyondPosted 12/3/2011 3:26:09 PM
We forgive you for drinking beer. "here, have one on me"
#28Deathx113Posted 12/3/2011 3:38:53 PM
Holy crap did I miss some Gears games???

Where have I been!!!??
---
What did the aldehyde say when it found the carboxylic acid hiding? "oic Acid!" har har har- Deathx113
#29atl2k5Posted 12/3/2011 3:45:20 PM
WTF is Modern Warfare 4? That game doesn't exist. Now Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare does... if that's what you meant. Buy anyway, yeah sure there may be a lot of sequels, buuuut... It's smarter for all of these developers to push out sequel after sequel knowing that they will sell well rather than push a new ip and not knowing if it will sell well. Developing games takes A LOT of money so I can see why developers milk these series instead of making something new. As long as I enjoy playing these sequels, I don't really give a crap.
---
Miami Hurricanes (6-6)
Pittsburgh Steelers (8-3)
#30StuDog88Posted 12/3/2011 9:58:48 PM
That would be semi-annual.

Yes.

Bi-annual means every 2 years.

No.
---
It's not a meteor, it's a cookie wand!