This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Failed to Authorize Disc?

#1EvalAngellPosted 12/15/2011 8:19:15 PM
Been getting this error message when I play Gears 3? what the hell is wrong with my game??
---
I'm in the unfortunate position of having to consider other people's feelings. - Jerry Seinfeld
#2LuckNotDoWithItPosted 12/15/2011 8:19:54 PM
Piracy lockdown.
#3EvalAngell(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2011 8:26:29 PM
except my game is authentic?
---
I'm in the unfortunate position of having to consider other people's feelings. - Jerry Seinfeld
#4KidInTheHallPosted 12/15/2011 9:00:31 PM
So you say but I don't know you, could be lying to us right now.
---
Xbox Live GT : EVL Ripper / Playstation Network : EVL_Ripper
#5Ned_MandingoPosted 12/15/2011 9:16:44 PM
Arrrgggggg
---
You gotta pay the troll toll.
Xbl: o Shadynasty o
#6Killah PriestPosted 12/15/2011 9:17:05 PM
assuming its a real version, could be that your drive is about to crap out so it can't read the disc enough to verify.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#7ForeverthreedeePosted 12/15/2011 11:01:19 PM
I cannot believe anyone has said this. It is due to the fact they have a modded xbox. When you just buy an xbox used, there's always a high chance someone's modded them.
#8AlkalineProdigyPosted 12/15/2011 11:34:52 PM
My xbox says this every now and then when I play MW3 and I can guarantee my xbox is not modded.
---
Co-Founder/Editor of http://www.loudmouthedgamers.com
Gamer Profile Link - http://live.xbox.com/member/AlkalineProdigy
#9googlerPosted 12/15/2011 11:43:28 PM
People mostly have this issue with MW3. Microsoft put out a silent, forced update to secretly improve piracy protection but fudged the verification checks. Why it only happens to some 360's and not all is beyond me, but you should call them because exchanging the discs will only yield the same results
#10EvalAngell(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2011 7:54:05 AM
Foreverthreedee posted...
I cannot believe anyone has said this. It is due to the fact they have a modded xbox. When you just buy an xbox used, there's always a high chance someone's modded them.

spoken like someone thats completely clueless.

my xbox is not modded. I have a 250 GB Slim bought completely brand new a year ago. i dont even know how to mod my xbox.

this disc authorization crap is a joke.
---