This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now I'm just confused. (My system seems to be working again)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Now I'm just confused. (My system seems to be working again)
5 years ago#1
A few weeks ago, I got an ominous disc read error message on Mass Effect that wouldn't go away even after I cleaned the disc. The game had been working perfectly up to that point. I tried some other games which had also been working up to that point and got the same error message. I figured NAMCO Museum Virtual Arcade might work because it doesn't seem as power-demanding as Tomb Raider Legend, Mass Effect, or DOAX2; also, some of the games on that disc can be launched from the games menu without launching the disc itself; it turned out I was right. Then I checked the other games again and still got the same error message, despite them being clean with negligible-to-no-scratch-marks. Then, about a week later, I tried Otomedius Excellent because I saw it at the library and decided to take my chances with it; the game works. Today, I tried Tomb Raider Legend and DOAX2 (yes, the volleyball game) again and both work without a hitch. It's like my 360 wasn't working correctly and then decided to work again as suddenly as it had stopped. I won't be surprised if it acts up again in the near future, but for now, it seems fine except for possibly-longer load-times.

Too long; didn't read? Sorry for the long post, but I thought details would be essential.
"There is no escape, John!"
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Now I'm just confused. (My system seems to be working again)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived