This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Now I'm just confused. (My system seems to be working again)

#1BlueFlameBatPosted 12/18/2011 12:24:56 PM
A few weeks ago, I got an ominous disc read error message on Mass Effect that wouldn't go away even after I cleaned the disc. The game had been working perfectly up to that point. I tried some other games which had also been working up to that point and got the same error message. I figured NAMCO Museum Virtual Arcade might work because it doesn't seem as power-demanding as Tomb Raider Legend, Mass Effect, or DOAX2; also, some of the games on that disc can be launched from the games menu without launching the disc itself; it turned out I was right. Then I checked the other games again and still got the same error message, despite them being clean with negligible-to-no-scratch-marks. Then, about a week later, I tried Otomedius Excellent because I saw it at the library and decided to take my chances with it; the game works. Today, I tried Tomb Raider Legend and DOAX2 (yes, the volleyball game) again and both work without a hitch. It's like my 360 wasn't working correctly and then decided to work again as suddenly as it had stopped. I won't be surprised if it acts up again in the near future, but for now, it seems fine except for possibly-longer load-times.

Too long; didn't read? Sorry for the long post, but I thought details would be essential.
---
"There is no escape, John!"