This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Turtlebeach Dss vs. Turtlebeach Dss2? whats the difference?

#1GGearXPosted 12/25/2011 6:19:23 PM
So I just got money for Christmas and I just got a pair of senheissers HD555s, then I remembered that these headphones sound really good for gaming when combined with an audio processor.

So I did some searching around and found out that turtlebeach has 2
surround sound processors! So I was going to get the turtlebeach Dss2 then I noticed that the 1st Dss was sold out. witch processor is better? I've tried finding reviews of the DSS2 ,but all that comes up is reviews for the DSS so I need some help and I would really appreciate it if you guys did!

tl;dr I need to know the differece between DSS and Dss2, whitch one is better? And are there any reviews of Dss2?
Thanks alot and Merry Christmas!
---
GT: The 10th Legend
Some Like it REEEEEDDD HOTT!
#2GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2011 6:48:41 PM
bump if anyone knows about the Dss2 please respond!
---
GT: The 10th Legend
Some Like it REEEEEDDD HOTT!
#3deathtrooper31Posted 12/29/2011 7:11:40 PM
Anyone care to answer this!?
#4JackofSpades209Posted 12/29/2011 7:31:29 PM
The DSS2 will transform your stereo headset or headphones into Dolby® surround sound, immersing you in your favorite video games, movies and music with a stunning 3D audio environment. Dolby Digital technology allows you to pinpoint the direction of every sound, enhancing enemy footsteps and amplifying bone-rattling explosions with amazing 360-degree audio. Adjustable surround sound angles and multiple EQ presets let you enhance subtle sound cues and customize the audio for any gaming situation. The DSS2 also includes an auxiliary input so you can listen to your favorite music while gaming in Dolby surround sound. Gain a competitive edge with the DSS2 and experience audio like never before! (turtlebeach.com)

couldnt find details for DSS
---
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep --not screaming, like the passengers in his car. I said ass
#5deathtrooper31Posted 12/30/2011 1:56:34 AM
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111228103613AAZEYuS
#6envisionizePosted 12/30/2011 2:04:24 AM
Looks like the only difference is that the DSS 2 has equalizer presets and the ability to simulate the positioning of the virtual speakers. I own the original DSS and it is fantastic. It does everything as advertised. The second iteration is everything the first was plus a few extra features, so you might as well go with the new.
---
www.huangstudios.com