This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My grandmother got me a Kinect and Forza 4

#1KainDjinnPosted 12/26/2011 12:52:50 AM
I hoped to get Forza in the first place, but now, unless I return it, I have a $150 three-eyed spybot. Are there any good games that don't involve furry animals/muppets or dancing?
---
Now we have supermarkets, bottled water, and .39 caliber home security. - Silent Hil: Shattered Memories
GT: Kain Djinn PSN: mlsterben 3DS: 2793-0922-1840
#2ghost392Posted 12/26/2011 12:54:15 AM
KainDjinn posted...
I hoped to get Forza in the first place, but now, unless I return it, I have a $150 three-eyed spybot. Are there any good games that don't involve furry animals/muppets or dancing?

I heard Gunstringer was good and supposedly they are making a Panzer Dragoon for it...
---
Wii's success in their Blue Ocean strategy... MS eventually attempting to break into the same market as three very strong competitors (i.e. a Red Ocean) --Relle
#3SomnambulisticPosted 12/26/2011 12:58:37 AM
Take it back while it's still worth something.
---
Postin', postin', buttered toastin'.
#4zzeennoollooPosted 12/26/2011 1:18:28 AM(edited)
Well....

Gunstringer (this is actually fun. It's actually a Great game and arguably the BEST Kinect game)

Also....

Rise of Nightmares is decent.
It has it's flaws, but if you are patient and can work around those flaws, there is some fun to be had with that game (especially if you like horror. If you hate horror, then skip this game).

Also ....

Kinect Adventures (it's ONLY $2 used. It's SHORT, but fun every now and then)

and ....
that's about it....
I'm sure there are other good Kinect games (even though I'm aware it's a VERY SMALL amount at the moment)

So, once again :

Gunstringer is the best of the three I mentioned. It's really fun.

Rise of Nightmares is worth it if you are tolerant of some flaws and you like horror. If not, then pass.

Kinect Adventures is $2. It's worth playing and owning at that price.

EDIT : Kinect Sports is also a fun game that's worth playing.Granted, it rips off certain ideas from Wii sports and Wii sports resort (bowling, table tennis, and one other sport), but Kinect sports is still fun since it feels different.
Also.......
Just to warn you, if you like wrestling, then AVOID Hulk Hogan's wrestling game on Kinect.
Do NOT go anywhere near Hogan's game.

---
The power of lust is a curious thing. Tougher than diamonds, smooth like cream, stronger and harder than a bad girl's dream.
#5KainDjinn(Topic Creator)Posted 12/26/2011 1:12:14 AM
It came bundled with Gunstringer, Kinect Adventures, and Fruit Ninja. My sister really wants me to keep it for Dance Central, though I don't know how much mileage she'd get out of it since I go to law school in another state. :P
---
Now we have supermarkets, bottled water, and .39 caliber home security. - Silent Hil: Shattered Memories
GT: Kain Djinn PSN: mlsterben 3DS: 2793-0922-1840
#6zzeennoollooPosted 12/26/2011 1:38:43 AM(edited)
KainDjinn posted...
It came bundled with Gunstringer, Kinect Adventures, and Fruit Ninja. My sister really wants me to keep it for Dance Central, though I don't know how much mileage she'd get out of it since I go to law school in another state. :P

Totally forgot about Fruit ninja.That was pretty fun.
The GOOD news is you now own the three best Kinect games (Gunstringer, Kinect Adventures, and Fruit Ninja).

The BAD news is there arent that many other decent games for Kinect.

Dance Central 1 and 2 is great ... IF you like dance games. Kinectimals is good .... IF you are into the pet thing. Rise of Nightmares is fun .... IF you can handle it's flaws and like horror. Kinect sports is good .... IF you like sport mini games.

Well... that's about it.
I also have Fighter Uncaged, but the controls suck for that game. I was looking forward to Fighter's Uncaged and it's disappointing.
and don't get me even started on the piece of CRAP that is Hogan's wrestling game (and this is coming from someone who likes wrestling very much). Hogan's game just sucks unbelievable ass.

There are other Kinect games like Kinect Joyride that look interesting, but I've never played. Then there are TONS of other games that do not interest me (like those exercise games ... and there are quite a few of those damn games).

My advice :

IF (and I mean IF) your sister is obsessed with Dance central, then you might as well keep the Kinect. If by May (when you finish your semester in college) you come back and she is bored with Kinect, you can always try to sell it on Ebay.
You COULD trade it in to Gamestop, but they will offer you chump change, so avoid them and resell it on Ebay.
Even during May of 2012, you should be able to get around $85 - $99 for the bundle on E-bay.
(Just make sure you keep the box and everything in nice condition)
---
The power of lust is a curious thing. Tougher than diamonds, smooth like cream, stronger and harder than a bad girl's dream.
#7cup_a_soupPosted 12/26/2011 1:38:20 AM
Child of Eden is a MUST
---
XBL Gamertag: segagamer
Need to boost online achievements in Burnout Revenge!
#8zzeennoollooPosted 12/26/2011 1:39:59 AM
cup_a_soup posted...
Child of Eden is a MUST

^ I've never tried that (but I've heard of it).
What type of game is that like?
---
#9zzeennoollooPosted 12/26/2011 1:45:48 AM
Just looked up Child of Eden...
It's by the same people who made REZ.
Very nice.
I'm going to have to play that soon.
---
#10sockesockePosted 12/26/2011 1:49:06 AM
child of eden is an on rails shooter, pretty much the advanced version of rez.
maybe you would also enjoy the kinect sports games.
---
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke