This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is Borderlands?

#11TwoNumbThumbsPosted 12/26/2011 11:15:53 PM
I disliked it personally. It was mostly fetch quests. I got bored of going back and forth between the same stuff so often so quickly.
---
Forgive me. I have a bleeding heart for gaming.
Official Weeping Angel of the Doctor Who boards
#12playboydojoPosted 12/26/2011 11:35:05 PM
Haha, I didn't mind the story at all until the end. Then it pissed me off soooo much.
---
...and then I said, "Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!"
#13TreewallerPosted 12/26/2011 11:35:39 PM
It's like an outdoor dungeon crawler with an FPS interface, if that makes sense. Greatest co-op game ever IMO. You can play splitscreen or online, but you won't want to play with strangers, the community is full of cheaters.
---
"Hey Sockbaby! You wanna food up with us or what?!"
Game o' the Moment: Hannah Montana - The Movie Game
#14knightimexPosted 12/27/2011 7:04:44 AM
MRevelle83 posted...
To be fair, there wasn't really a story to build up a climax either.

Still good otherwise though.

*!*!* WARNING SPOILER ALERT! *!*!*

I was seriously hoping I would be able to actually go INTO the vault. >_>
And that boss was just a boss.

A few more bosses inside the vault would of made the story and all of it's BS fetching totally worth it.

All you got was.
"Herp Derp turn it in!"

I was like...... You serious?

-_-
---
For real opinions I go to Neogaf, for joke opinions I use gamefaqs!
#15AnonymousFriendPosted 12/27/2011 7:10:25 AM
The only problem with cheaters is if they decide to take all of the best loot for themselves or decide to be jerks with those team killing items. The only penaltyy for dying is losing a tenth of your cash and respawning at the last save location. Most times those cheaters just give you max money and drop their entire enventory of modded item for you to see and give you some. The kindest ones will also drop skill point upgrades.

You can't really fault the game's story. It's basically: You're a gun for hire and people pay you to do things for them. There's a voice speaking to you in your head saying to help them.

Hmm ... thinking about the story made me realize why some are upset about the story. But, then I think about the Claptrap and Armory add-on and don't really care because those were hilarious. Then I thing about Moxxi and get salty again. Then I start thinking about what Moxxi looks like and need some private time.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
#16KORNDAWGPosted 12/27/2011 1:19:27 PM
You guys completely failed to mention the choice of 4 characters each with their own action skill.

Lilith (Siren) - Phasewalk. Still not entirely sure what this is.

Roland (Soldier) - Turret. "It's like having an extra soldier on the field!"

Brick (Berzerker) - Fists. Like a Big Ass Boxer on Steroids and Horse Tranquilizers.

Mordecai (Hunter) - Bird. The bird can attack things and give extra loot.
---
----------
"You say the graphics are dated? Like bad...or deal withable?" by RASTAFARI4LIFE
#17Killah PriestPosted 12/27/2011 1:24:23 PM
with phasewalk you become invisible, immune to damage and move faster, and when you activate or deactivate it it causes a blast of damage that changes based on your artifact.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#18Citrate1007Posted 12/27/2011 1:27:33 PM
If you plan on playing it single player it will get boring, if you have friends to play with it is amazing. It is also a lot harder to play single player but if you love the FPS genre and are looking for something other than Modern Call of Battlefield 3 it would fit the bill. It boasts thousands of guns, but really it is loot with random stats. It claims to be an RPG and yes there are quests and leveling but the story isn't that fleshed out.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#19playboydojoPosted 12/27/2011 1:47:39 PM
Phasewalk is an instant win. My god, it's stupid good.
---
...and then I said, "Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!"