This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I feel sad for this generation.

#1SiegePosted 12/27/2011 6:29:01 AM
When I was growing up, 28 now, you can see kids playing outside with their new bikes or toys after Christmas but now the streets are quiet in this age of electronics. My in-laws sent my son a DS for Christmas with games he can't even play as they are too hard for him. What about you? How many kids are playing outside right now?
---
Causing drama for the moderators since December 2000.
#2CalistoCoonPosted 12/27/2011 6:37:29 AM
None because it's snowing like crazy right now, plush it's only like 9:30 AM and most are still sleeping.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#3gabriusPosted 12/27/2011 6:40:50 AM
TC complaining that nobody plays outside by posting about it on a videogame message board.....
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#4seb03Posted 12/27/2011 6:41:29 AM
then he tells you to go spy on some kids
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."
#5FocianPosted 12/27/2011 6:47:51 AM
While I do completely see where you are coming from; posting this on a Video Game board is probably not going to get the kind of responses that you may be after.

Also, the exact same 'issue' could be caused by books, films, board games or, hell... Even spending time with Family.

But yeah, I do kinda agree with you on this one.
---
GT/PSN: Focian-
People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. Chaos is born from loving things, and using people.
#6FocianPosted 12/27/2011 6:48:12 AM
seb03 posted...
then he tells you to go spy on some kids

XD!
---
GT/PSN: Focian-
People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. Chaos is born from loving things, and using people.
#7GingivitisLegPosted 12/27/2011 6:50:18 AM
Sounds so Pedo.
---
I'm never gonna dance again
Guilty feet have got no rhythm
#8mahgah91Posted 12/27/2011 6:51:35 AM
I was about to argue but TC is probably right. Accessibility to the amounts of electronics today really does detract from outdoor play. Shame, playing Goldeneye 64 or Super Bomberman with friends was fun but our best times were definitely outside.
---
Nintendo 3DS FC: Mahgah 1547-5225-3564
#9SkydudePosted 12/27/2011 6:56:20 AM
Even the playing games, though...so many games have online-only co-op/competitive multiplayer. Couch co-op seems to be going by the wayside, so you don't get the same experience sitting with friends playing your games. Online multiplayer is great, but more games should have splitscreen in addition.
---
Jesus loves everyone!
Except people still whining about the refs in Super Bowl XL or XLIII. He's sick of your complaining.
#10Delta ZeroPosted 12/27/2011 6:56:57 AM
I agree with the TC. I do remember those Christmas days where the streets would fill up with kids riding bikes, skateboards, roller blades, or playing ball.

Now days kids just want video games, ipods, laptops, tablets, phones, it is crazy.

And to answer your question, I don't see kids on the streets. They look as barren as they did a week ago. I only saw a pair of kids yesterday with a single scooter, running around and sharing it.

In comparison, my little step bro got a camera, ipod, and smart phone, and might get a 3DS with his 300 gamestop money.
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/xxdelta%20zeroxx/fullnxe/card.png