This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

does Dragon Age 2 have a good story, never played the first...

#1gamer6587Posted 1/10/2012 2:26:42 PM
the gameplay seems way too shallow but if the plot is interesting to follow, I might try finishing it....it has been in my backlog for about 6 months
---
Currently Playing Gears 3, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, AC Revelations, Saints Row 3, Batman AC
#2kst8erPosted 1/10/2012 2:29:44 PM
play the first, see if you can get some sucker to buy the second one off you. the first game is one of my top 5 all time favorite games. the second one is probably one of my top 5 biggest disappointments ever. i started playing it and didnt like it but i gave it a chance, i made it halfway through and the game didnt get any better so i just traded it away.
---
"I consider myself an artist, but I would give it all up for a boatload of money" Jim Gaffigan
#3sanadawarrior02Posted 1/10/2012 2:32:50 PM
I liked it, its less gather a band to save the world and more about Hawke becoming the Champion of Kirkwall and how the world fell into chaos.
---
GT: sanadawarrior
#4sanadawarrior02Posted 1/10/2012 2:36:40 PM
kst8er posted...
play the first, see if you can get some sucker to buy the second one off you. the first game is one of my top 5 all time favorite games. the second one is probably one of my top 5 biggest disappointments ever. i started playing it and didnt like it but i gave it a chance, i made it halfway through and the game didnt get any better so i just traded it away.

It's a good thing he has the exact same tastes as you so that advice is solid gold. Origins was one of my biggest disappointments from Bioware, only eclipsed by Neverwinter Nights. To each his own.
---
GT: sanadawarrior
#5vgsrulePosted 1/10/2012 3:59:03 PM
First, you really should play the first. I believe it's a much better game in many ways, and it's just really good. You can probably get the ultimate edition for like $30. It also follows the same storyline, but that's not too important, the second game is very understandable on it's own. The first game is much more of a tactical style game, where mashing attack can probably get you killed even on easy. For 2, you can probably get away with that for most of hard, with occasional healing and buffs.

More on topic, I don't think DA2's plot can hold it on it's own if you don't enjoy the gameplay. Much of the game is sidequests, with the main plot probably not much more than 8-10 hours.
---
http://backloggery.com/khff123
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/A_Metal_Pipe
#6SSJGrimReaperPosted 1/10/2012 4:00:44 PM
Get ready to see the same 3-4 dungeons over and over
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5744/tmnt0011500x1013.jpg
#7NCSPiratePosted 1/10/2012 4:03:51 PM
Get Dragon Age: Origins. Forget that Dragon Age 2 exists.
---
k
#8memphis12Posted 1/10/2012 4:08:03 PM
SSJGrimReaper posted...
Get ready to see the same 3-4 dungeons over and over

This just made me shiver. I forgot about those repeated dungeons. Bad times. Still loved the combat etc and the story was ok.

If you can wait until the 10th of February to spend your money you may want to check out:
KINGDOMS OF AMALUR: RECKONING
I loved Dragon Age Origins but this game has me thinking they could have done this for Dragon Age 2. Demo's out in 7 days so check it out.
#9Vaoris_KlawPosted 1/10/2012 4:10:20 PM
The main story of Dragon Age 2 is rather simple compared to Origins, but the characters and their story lines are much more fleshed out.

Personally, I preferred the first game, but the second is also a great addition. I'd play both in anticipation of DA3.
---
Umbasa
www.youtube.com/profile?user=Vaoris
#10infinitexxPosted 1/10/2012 4:15:10 PM
sanadawarrior02 posted...
kst8er posted...

It's a good thing he has the exact same tastes as you so that advice is solid gold. Origins was one of my biggest disappointments from Bioware, only eclipsed by Neverwinter Nights. To each his own.

You can knock DA:O all you want, but NWN? Sir, I'm afraid I'm going to have to challenge you to a duel.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.