This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

does Dragon Age 2 have a good story, never played the first...

#21Dark_SpiretPosted 1/10/2012 6:04:10 PM
its interesting in its own way, but falls apart towards the end and it feels like most of the characters storys were rushed. I honestly liked its more personal setup, but its a shame they didnt really capture it all that well.
---
Currently playing: Battlefield 3 - MGS HD Collection
#22scoobydoobydontPosted 1/10/2012 6:08:15 PM
DA2 is not good, story or otherwise. Every single janky Eastern European WRPG this gen is better than DA2.
---
Sometimes questions are more important than answers.
#23sanadawarrior02Posted 1/11/2012 5:59:15 PM
memphis122004 posted...
sanadawarrior02 posted...
kst8er posted...
play the first, see if you can get some sucker to buy the second one off you. the first game is one of my top 5 all time favorite games. the second one is probably one of my top 5 biggest disappointments ever. i started playing it and didnt like it but i gave it a chance, i made it halfway through and the game didnt get any better so i just traded it away.

It's a good thing he has the exact same tastes as you so that advice is solid gold. Origins was one of my biggest disappointments from Bioware, only eclipsed by Neverwinter Nights. To each his own.

Im shocked. Each to there own as you say.. what about Sonic Chronicles? surely that was more of a disappointment...

Baldurs Gate 2 Shadows of Amn is my all time favourite game, I rank Dragon Age Origins very high also, why did you dislike it so much?

I never played Sonic Chronicles so it didn't disappoint me xD. Baldur's Gate II is my 3rd favorite game, after ME2 and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. As for why I disliked DA:O, I don't quite know, it felt dated mostly.

Anyways the only Bioware games I have not played are MDK2, Sonic Chronicles, and that IOS ME game for reference(yes I played and liked Shattered Steel, mech combat games are a guilty pleasure of mine <.<).
---
GT: sanadawarrior
#24memphis12Posted 1/12/2012 6:40:06 AM
memphis122004 posted...
kst8er posted...
play the first, see if you can get some sucker to buy the second one off you. the first game is one of my top 5 all time favorite games. the second one is probably one of my top 5 biggest disappointments ever. i started playing it and didnt like it but i gave it a chance, i made it halfway through and the game didnt get any better so i just traded it away.

It's a good thing he has the exact same tastes as you so that advice is solid gold. Origins was one of my biggest disappointments from Bioware, only eclipsed by Neverwinter Nights. To each his own.

Im shocked. Each to there own as you say.. what about Sonic Chronicles? surely that was more of a disappointment...

Baldurs Gate 2 Shadows of Amn is my all time favourite game, I rank Dragon Age Origins very high also, why did you dislike it so much?

I never played Sonic Chronicles so it didn't disappoint me xD. Baldur's Gate II is my 3rd favorite game, after ME2 and Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. As for why I disliked DA:O, I don't quite know, it felt dated mostly.

Anyways the only Bioware games I have not played are MDK2, Sonic Chronicles, and that IOS ME game for reference(yes I played and liked Shattered Steel, mech combat games are a guilty pleasure of mine <.<).

Masquerade: Bloodlines.. WOW!!! That game caught me off guard when I played it. I was hooked after 5 minutes and never played another game until I completed it. Good call.

I'm surprised at you not liking Origins, I'm still waiting for a game that gives me same buzz as Baldurs Gate, origins being the closest of modern games. I think Kingdoms Of Reckoning might.. Only time will tell.
#25sanadawarrior02Posted 1/12/2012 7:04:04 AM(edited)
memphis122004 posted...

Masquerade: Bloodlines.. WOW!!! That game caught me off guard when I played it. I was hooked after 5 minutes and never played another game until I completed it. Good call.

I'm surprised at you not liking Origins, I'm still waiting for a game that gives me same buzz as Baldurs Gate, origins being the closest of modern games. I think Kingdoms Of Reckoning might.. Only time will tell.

Have you played Bloodlines with Wesps unofficial patch? It fixes a lot of bugs and restores a lot of things to the game that they had to cut, the last update was in November.

---
GT: sanadawarrior
#26Halo_ForeverPosted 1/12/2012 10:32:18 AM
The story in DAO is certainly more generic than that of DA2, but it is also 500% less stupid than the one found in DA2.

I can kind of see what they tried to do in DA2 but they simply crash and burn so much that if you hate idiot ball moments it might be tough to stomach.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#27memphis12Posted 1/12/2012 1:05:51 PM
memphis122004 posted...

Have you played Bloodlines with Wesps unofficial patch? It fixes a lot of bugs and restores a lot of things to the game that they had to cut, the last update was in November.

If it fixes the bug that made the final scene stutter and crash no matter how many times I tried work Il have to give it a go.
The split personality story quest in it is worth a re visit to the game alone.
#28memphis12Posted 1/12/2012 1:09:17 PM
Also something to consider thinking about with DA2 is..

Everyone is gay in it. Now, don't get me wrong. I have nothing against anybody's sexuality. But this game goes to the extreme. A good example is Anders. In order to get his side quest you basically have to admit having feelings for him. Everywhere you go your party is hitting on you. It's funny at first but it soon turns to just plain Creepy.
#29alexander9Posted 1/12/2012 4:05:40 PM
Dragon Age 2 has a terrible story. Look forward to plot lines that go nowhere, very obvious foreshadowing, your choices making literally no difference on certain storyline quests and general stupidity from characters that leads to more problems. And enjoy this real line from the game:

"Looks like your 'tranquil solution' wasn't quite the 'holocaust' you were hoping for, haha!"
-Actual dialogue from Sebastian Vael, The Exiled Prince DLC
---
http://i.imgur.com/OPMHf.gif
http://i52.tinypic.com/iwj8et.gif