This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hydro Thunder or Trials HD?

#11NeWsKiLLzPosted 1/12/2012 12:13:53 PM
I have a suspicion people that just say Trials have only played Trials. Not saying it is not a good game, but certainly not for everybody. Demo each game for yourself.
#12SheepinatorPosted 1/12/2012 12:16:58 PM
NeWsKiLLz posted...
I have a suspicion people that just say Trials have only played Trials. Not saying it is not a good game, but certainly not for everybody. Demo each game for yourself.

No, I played a ridiculous amount of Trials, and I dl'ed the demo for Hydro Thunder and was totally bored long before it ended. As for someone mentioning multi-player, really how many players are in Hydro these days? Trials doesn't have MP but it does have friends leaderboards.
#13NeWsKiLLzPosted 1/12/2012 12:23:04 PM
There are still people playing Hydro Thunder online and don't forget local multiplayer. It is one of the best casual multiplayer experiences I have had on xbox 360. Trials is nice and something different, but after spending 10 minutes on an expert track just trying to get up a 1 hill I asked myself why I was even playing it and never went back. This is where I will be attacked for my lack of skillz, but the game is supposed to be difficult so I don't care. hah
#14Ginsu VictimPosted 1/12/2012 12:39:51 PM
NeWsKiLLz posted...

I've played both and am a fan of Hydro Thunder (original arcade, Dreamcast, and the new game), but Trials HD is one of the best arcade titles I've played.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#15dannyaqPosted 1/12/2012 12:48:16 PM
I absolutely loved trials, but like the other guy said, it isn't for everybody. it is very much a trial and error game. I found out the hard way the maximum amount of times you can fail a course is 500 beofr eit automatically restarts you. That said. I did beat every course which seemed impossible at first, but by the end I thought to myself how did I ever doubt I could beat this game.

also the sequel is coming out, I thought soon, but they have been saying that for a while now, so who knows it might come out with the summer of arcade promotion. it could be a while and given the success of the original, I imagine they would wait for one of those big promotions where they have big games releasing like 4 weeks in a row.

play the trial, if you do like the trial, then absolutely get it.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#16MegagutsPosted 1/12/2012 1:03:27 PM
Trials HD hands down.
---
GT: ConfederateRokr
You should go vegan, more meat for me.
#17TehUnibongerPosted 1/12/2012 1:24:31 PM
hydro thunder always has people online, it's the best xbla racing game that i can think of
#18shinobisBACKPosted 1/12/2012 2:53:58 PM
definitely trials hd. that game is crack. hydro thunder not so much, been there done that type of thing i guess.