This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your favourite series that has been ruined by the ravages of time

#1RomanticidePosted 1/13/2012 6:30:48 PM
For me it's Silent Hill and Castlevania.

I know that the DS games have all been fantastic for Castlevania, but that's the only place and I don't feel like there will be more, also I hate the new art styles (except for Ecclesia).

Lords of Shadow is in no way a bad game, but it's too removed from Castlevania and doesn't stand out from the rest of the games like it. The soundtrack was really bland too.

Silent Hill has been completely violated rectally and holds no hope of recovery.
---
Gaming systems: PC, Ps2, Ps3, Gamecube, DS Lite, Xbox 360, Nintendo 64 and a Dreamcast
#2IWUPosted 1/13/2012 6:33:19 PM
Sonic sonic sonic and more sonic
---
GT: MeleeAllDay619
...and yes that is a San Diego area code.
#3Billy_DeliciousPosted 1/13/2012 6:36:56 PM
The Silent Hill answer doesnt even make sense- the first 3 (4 at a stretch) were and are good. The series has been violated beyond hope by crappy developers and endless 'fanservice' :(
---
SSF4- Gief. UMvC3- Spencer/Nemesis/The Real Doom. Blazblue- Ragna. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney- Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney.
#4Romanticide(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2012 6:37:48 PM
I don't get why 4 has so much hate. It's different, but it's still really quite creepy.
---
Gaming systems: PC, Ps2, Ps3, Gamecube, DS Lite, Xbox 360, Nintendo 64 and a Dreamcast
#5delux19Posted 1/13/2012 6:39:16 PM
Final Fantasy
#6dreamtheater33Posted 1/13/2012 6:39:53 PM
silent hill-1-3 were good but 4 and up including wii title psp titles all sucked i read the new one is going to be more like 2 but i highly doubt it and no akira the music will suck also.
---
i hear Chuck Norris is so tough there no chin under his beard only another fist.
#7kungfucolinPosted 1/13/2012 6:44:24 PM
I actually agree with the two mentioned above, Castlevania and Silent Hill.

Why oh why can't we get a 2D Castlevania in proper HD? think blazblue graphics in a castlevania game... don't they realize that this would sell like mad?

I would also like to submit for consideration Resident Evil.
Now, I actually like Resident Evil 5 - but it lacks the tension of the earlier games with the mission based system (although I realize that this mechanic was included for better multiplayer options)

I think we deserve another single player Resident Evil.
---
I can read your minds what little there is. I know what all humans think. Nothing's changed in 1800 years. You can't be saved. -Orochi, KOF97
#8Romanticide(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2012 6:48:25 PM
dreamtheater33 posted...
silent hill-1-3 were good but 4 and up including wii title psp titles all sucked i read the new one is going to be more like 2 but i highly doubt it and no akira the music will suck also.

I think by "more like 2" they mean "look, he looks a little bit like the main character from Silent Hill 2! That's what you wanted, right?"
---
#9Romanticide(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2012 6:03:27 AM
Bump.
---
#10BuckVanHammerPosted 1/14/2012 6:08:18 AM
jrpgs in general.
---
hat'er n. a person that calls you out on your douchebaggery