This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Everything I use to dislike about the 360, I now love...

#1BIGGESTPS3FANPosted 1/14/2012 1:55:17 AM
Except for the dashboard. I still hate the dashboard.

Anyways, I use to hate avatars. I would always say that if I ever got an Xbox, I wouldn't buy any stupid avatar items. Well, after unlocking a few things for my avatar, I decided I needed to buy something for him. So, I bought Timmy from South Park. Now I have a little handicap guy rolling around.

Achievement system - Oh, boy. I use to say, "Oh, a platinum trophy is so much better. I think gamerscore is pointless. I now want my number to keep going up and up and up! It's way too addicting. @_@

Xbox Live - Paying for online was always a big deal for me. No matter the price. Got 3 months of Live with my 360. It is such a seamless experience. Cross game chat is so nice. Ease of inviting someone to a game is awesome. Lagless (For the most part) online is great.

Finally, the controller - I am still not entirely adjusted to this yet, but it's getting there. I still prefer the Dualshock 3 by miles, but this is nowhere near as bad as I made it out to be when I first got a 360. It was an easier adjustment than I thought.

Anyone else have features that they disliked but now they like?
---
I have a relationship with Jesus Christ and am 100% proud of it.
"It ought to be more like falling in love than something to believe in"
#2headwounds13Posted 1/14/2012 2:17:41 AM

Achievement system - Oh, boy. I use to say, "Oh, a platinum trophy is so much better. I think gamerscore is pointless. I now want my number to keep going up and up and up! It's way too addicting. @_@

I still like the way trophies are handled in the area of add on DLC. On the xbox, you get your game removed from the "completed games" section when DLC comes out and adds to the total gamerscore of the game (I know there are kinda convoluted ways around that if I don't play the game anymore). I like that trophies not only have a platinum to indicated completion of the vanilla game, but that DLC trophies are marked with a little plus sign in the corner. Also, someone's total gamerscore becomes a lot less impressive when I see that it's stuff with easy list fluff.
---
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/headwoundss/129167586636177506-1.gif
#3BIGGESTPS3FAN(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2012 2:21:00 AM

I still like the way trophies are handled in the area of add on DLC. On the xbox, you get your game removed from the "completed games" section when DLC comes out and adds to the total gamerscore of the game (I know there are kinda convoluted ways around that if I don't play the game anymore). I like that trophies not only have a platinum to indicated completion of the vanilla game, but that DLC trophies are marked with a little plus sign in the corner. Also, someone's total gamerscore becomes a lot less impressive when I see that it's stuff with easy list fluff.

Yeah, that is one aspect that I have to agree on where the trophy system reigns.

Though, as far as easy list fluff, the PS3 also has that. I have a couple friends who have all the Disney plats. Including Hannah Montana.
---
#4headwounds13Posted 1/14/2012 2:24:30 AM
I'm not saying it's console exclusive, just that I don't really pay attention to someones total score or "level".
---
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/headwoundss/129167586636177506-1.gif
#5BIGGESTPS3FAN(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2012 2:26:27 AM

I'm not saying it's console exclusive, just that I don't really pay attention to someones total score or "level".

Ah. I'm a fan of high gamerscores, but not at the expense of stupid games.

I only play the games that I like, personally.

Also, LMFAO@Your sig.
---
#6Enix BelmontPosted 1/14/2012 3:43:27 AM
I go for achievements in any game I love - But with PS3, no one I know even cares. It's a pain in the ass to even check someones trophies compared to achievements and no one really bothers. A number makes it easier to tell than the different kinds of trophies.

Plus games like MGS4 still don't have trophies.
---
http://i38.tinypic.com/15mk29j.jpg
#7SuperSuikodenPosted 1/14/2012 5:46:06 AM
I was PS fan last gen but switched to 360 this gen and I love: achievements, avatar, controller, Live, XBLA, exclusives.
---
My YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheViviTrance