This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I played Kingdom of Amalur

#1AnngwishPosted 1/18/2012 3:54:35 PM
At first I was only going to play simply for the Mass Effect 3 DLC, but wow...I found myself REALLY enjoying it. Was anyone besides me surprisingly shocked at how fun it was, not to mention engrossing, I spent well over the 45 minute mark because I was engaged in conversations.

I may just pick it up upon release.
---
Daisy...Daisy...Give me your ansssweerrss doooo-Hal 9000
I SUPPORT THE REAPERS! Cheers to the destruction of organic life.
#2HighOnPhazonPosted 1/18/2012 3:55:38 PM
Yeah I liked what I played too.
---
GameFaqs message boards used to be pretty good, then they took an arrow to the knee.
#3HighOnPhazonPosted 1/18/2012 3:56:03 PM
Yeah I liked what I played too.
---
GameFaqs message boards used to be pretty good, then they took an arrow to the knee.
#4halwendePosted 1/18/2012 3:58:02 PM
There were a few quirks (I held the LS when selecting dialogue and it skipped what they were saying, ok user error maybe but it irked) and I wasn't a fan of the inventory system but overall I liked it - I'm interested to see how big the finished game is
#5twentytoonelongPosted 1/18/2012 4:02:00 PM
Felt completely the opposite. This demo was a complete chore to get through. There was no immersion at all. Character interactions are weak, with shallow dialog menus. The world is barren, no real attention to detail. Combat is just button mashing.
#6pandoraorbPosted 1/18/2012 4:03:52 PM
twentytoonelong posted...
Felt completely the opposite. This demo was a complete chore to get through. There was no immersion at all. Character interactions are weak, with shallow dialog menus. The world is barren, no real attention to detail. Combat is just button mashing.

This.

except people who like this sort of game will be very pleased...just not my type, for right now.
---
The Pandora's Box Trilogy--middle grade fantasy--BOOK THREE: FATE and REBIRTH out now!
#7Ryan2002Posted 1/18/2012 4:05:58 PM
What ME DLC? Is it anything differenet than the armor you get from playing the demo?
---
A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
http://www.zreomusic.com/Zelda25.jpg =-= http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v965tv&s=7
#8Anngwish(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2012 4:11:12 PM
You get Armor for just playing the Demo, but completing the entire 45 minute demo you get a gun, the Chakram Launcher.
---
Daisy...Daisy...Give me your ansssweerrss doooo-Hal 9000
I SUPPORT THE REAPERS! Cheers to the destruction of organic life.
#9Killah PriestPosted 1/18/2012 4:12:48 PM
I've tried 5 times to complete that demo and it freezes at different spots every time.

and every damn time it makes me replay that stupid tutorial...
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.