This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dead Island 25 on Amazon, a few Q's because I'm SERIOUSLY considering it.

#11Killah PriestPosted 1/24/2012 11:29:12 AM
you mean the optional analog melee?

that was great in concept but didn't work if you inverted your stick because it inverted the swings as well making it awkward.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#12shawnmckPosted 1/24/2012 1:58:46 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
What got me was the gun aim melee mechanics.
I mean, why do games utilise this?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^ I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but....

If you are talking about the option to use analog sticks....it is purely an option.

If you are referring to the triggers as opposed to face buttons, then that is not the problem with the game, but with your preference.

As for aiming with the analogs...this is meant to target specific body parts.
You don't just press buttons at random and hope they hit, but you can target a specific body part such as head, arms, legs, torso.
This is meant to add more depth & strategy....Want to prevent a thug zombie from swiping at you, then break or cut off it's arms. Want to decapitate a zombie, then target its head...& etc.

This really is a great system.

What exactly would you like to see used instead ?
#13_Elite_Bushido_Posted 1/24/2012 2:55:00 PM
the game is pretty bad, couldnt play through more then half an hour
---
Mod- Just so we're clear, creating false statistics to give your provocations the air of credibility is really offensive when you're doing it to smear a nation.
#14Dragon NexusPosted 1/24/2012 6:56:09 PM

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but....

As in your melee weapon doesn't have a physical presence. You hit depending on whether your crosshairs were on the enemy at the point of firing.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#15EvilGiygasPosted 1/24/2012 6:57:10 PM
I thought the game was extremely mediocre.
---
Current generation game count:
X360 - 139 / Wii - 20 / PS3 - 11 / 3DS - 3 / DS - 8 / PSP - 9 / PC - 51
#16kungfucolinPosted 1/24/2012 7:01:01 PM

As in your melee weapon doesn't have a physical presence. You hit depending on whether your crosshairs were on the enemy at the point of firing.

I was actually thinking about getting this game when it got cheaper but after reading that, i have lost all enthusiasm.
---
I can read your minds what little there is. I know what all humans think. Nothing's changed in 1800 years. You can't be saved. -Orochi, KOF97
#17Bosoxnepats89Posted 1/24/2012 9:24:31 PM
You guys are pretty harsh

Most games last year never kept me interested in finishing the single player Dead Islands probably the only game last year i fully beat i first completed the game on my own and then later went through it with two friends both times it was a blast for 25$ this game is a no brainer it does what dead rising completely failed to do Open world tons of weapons and no stupid time limit that stops me from going on zombie killing rampages and the skill tree from borderlands was good too