This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does the old HD-DVD player still work on the Xbox 360 slim?

#1DAH_JoePosted 1/25/2012 5:00:31 PM
I'm thinking about buying it now since I find that Blu-Ray movies are way more expensive.
---
Check profile for contacts.
#2koichiPosted 1/25/2012 5:01:57 PM
shop at amazon. blue ray movies are as expensive as dvds instore.
---
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)
#3zelgamerguyPosted 1/25/2012 5:02:35 PM
Yeah but no new movies come out for it though. >_> My yeah wasn't to say it does still work. That I'm unsure of.
---
10 OCTOBER 2008 http://www.facebook.com/ZELGAMER
GT: z3lgam3r
#4DAH_Joe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2012 5:23:11 PM
I do shop on Amazon, that's how I would get the HD-DVD player. I want to buy it so the movies that are available to purchase on the HD-DVD, I can get it at an amazing price.

So, does it work on the Xbox 360 slim or not?
---
#5Lozh900Posted 1/25/2012 5:53:43 PM
Yes I have the 250gb slim and the HD-DVD player hooked up and it works just fine. I use it to play dvd's so as not to burn out the xbox's main laser. :-)
---
XBL/GFW-L : Loz Gloss Hill
PSN : JenovaRebirth
#6DAH_Joe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2012 5:56:13 PM
Lozh900 posted...
Yes I have the 250gb slim and the HD-DVD player hooked up and it works just fine. I use it to play dvd's so as not to burn out the xbox's main laser. :-)

That's a very smart idea, but I would only use my dad's Blu-Ray player for the DVDs. That way I don't have to burn out the laser for my HD-DVD player. ;)

Thanks for the infomation.
---
#7triple sPosted 1/25/2012 6:05:32 PM
So you actually have a Blu Ray player? Investing in an HD-DVD player is pointless.
---
GT:Triple S 06
PSN:Triple_S_09
#8killakPosted 1/25/2012 6:06:50 PM
I can also confirm that it works fine.

Pity that it's white.

*gets black texta*
---
"You know, I actually like this game...."
*AN AGENT_GREER HAS APPEARED*.........
#9DAH_Joe(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2012 6:46:57 PM
triple s posted...
So you actually have a Blu Ray player? Investing in an HD-DVD player is pointless.

I have an Xbox 360, so what? It's just $20 for the player. That's almost as much as one Blu-Ray movie. lol
---
#10killakPosted 1/25/2012 11:42:40 PM
Can also be dirt cheap getting HD-DVDs and they're easily of similar quality to blu-ray, if not better on some movies.

For example, I got the Bourne trilogy on HD-DVD, for 7 bucks brand new. Matrix trilogy for 10 dollars.....and so on.

If you can score a bunch of cheap movies, the player is well worth it. I gotta be honest, I have 2 of em.
---
"You know, I actually like this game...."
*AN AGENT_GREER HAS APPEARED*.........