This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Silver adjustable controller broke...

#1saborzeroPosted 2/9/2012 9:35:09 PM
The d-pad center decided to ware out which made the whole silver part of the d-pad come out... Is there any way to fix this? Should I be super gluing this back together? Is there a way to buy a new adjustable d-pad and replace it? It still functions but the center is worn and won't go back on correctly.
---
PSN: JArcane -- XBL: ArcShawdow Currently Playing: UMvC3(360)MW3 & BF3(360)Skyrim(360) SSF4:AE(360) WKC2(PS3)
#2_S0FTButtCheeksPosted 2/9/2012 9:41:38 PM
Another fine product from M$
---
https://twitter.com/#!/lauracroft83/status/131241001816825856 #SWAG
Broncos > poop > your favorite team
#3Dragon NexusPosted 2/10/2012 6:07:47 AM
I've heard this is a very common complaint with these controllers.
If it's under 90 days old, MS will replace it free.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#4saborzero(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2012 10:33:01 PM
No I've had it for a year just hadn't used the d-pad much until recently. I actually super glued it back on but it can never go back into the down position it always has to be up.
---
PSN: JArcane -- XBL: ArcShawdow Currently Playing: UMvC3(360)MW3 & BF3(360)Skyrim(360) SSF4:AE(360) WKC2(PS3)
#5MrRGerkPosted 2/11/2012 10:47:03 PM
_S0FTButtCheeks posted...
Another fine product from M$

My thoughts exactly. Microsoft can hardly make an ordinary controller. Makes me lol at rumors of Microsoft adding a touchpad to its next gen controller.
#6LanternOfAshPosted 2/12/2012 3:18:52 AM
I have probably a dozen controllers, I've taken most of them apart for fun and modding and used most of them more than I've ever used a controller before. No problems with any of them. So speak for yourself.
---
I've got an 82" 3D HDTV. Yeah, I went there.
#7MrRGerkPosted 2/12/2012 11:58:50 AM
LanternOfAsh posted...
I have probably a dozen controllers, I've taken most of them apart for fun and modding and used most of them more than I've ever used a controller before. No problems with any of them. So speak for yourself.

You know, there were many people who never had problems with their Ford Pinto too. Doesn't mean that it still wasn't one of the greatest design embarrassments of the century.

I'm not speaking for myself, I am speaking generally on cheaply made Microsoft products with terrible quality control.
#8Satchmo25Posted 2/12/2012 12:16:10 PM
MS's pads are easily the best in the industry, that being said of course some will have defects. I'm on my second controller because I wore my first one out playing games
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#9NintendoDS123Posted 2/16/2012 12:22:27 PM
This place sells just the D-pad by itself:

http://geniusmods.com/gold-transforming-dpad.html
#10LanternOfAshPosted 2/20/2012 3:10:43 AM
MrRGerk posted...
LanternOfAsh posted...

You know, there were many people who never had problems with their Ford Pinto too. Doesn't mean that it still wasn't one of the greatest design embarrassments of the century.

I'm not speaking for myself, I am speaking generally on cheaply made Microsoft products with terrible quality control.

How many people have had a dozen pintos?
---
I've got an 82" 3D HDTV. Yeah, I went there.