This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Schafer: goodbye MS arcade, it is over!

#1the_real_onePosted 2/18/2012 2:16:41 PM
" MS makes me stressed out that if I put a game up there, I might not be able to patch it because it might cost too much money, whereas others are more open platforms will let us manage our own price and our own updates. It's just a lot more appealing right now

MS is facing many problems these days, copying Nintendo and concentrating on Kinect 2 will take them no where!

Who is handling MS strategy department?
Who is doing research & development in MS?
On which basis the marketing department is looking at their target audience?
What is MS proposition now and how come it was differentiated from the launch proposition?

MS, sorry but you are doing everything wrong at the wrong moment!!
---
In the entire games industry, Nintendo has done the best job of managing their franchises in the long term. EGM
#2natevinesPosted 2/18/2012 2:21:45 PM
Not sure why they overlooked you to run their R&D and PR.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#3CapnStankyPosted 2/18/2012 2:26:08 PM
the_real_one posted...

MS, sorry but you are doing everything wrong at the wrong moment!!

Unless you count kicking the crap outa Nintendo and Sony, and making tons of money. They seem to be doing that pretty well.
---
The only games that matter in 2012: Mass Effect 3, Witcher 2 360, SSX, Halo 4, Borderlands 2, Lumines Electronic Symphony
#4JKSonicPosted 2/18/2012 2:28:23 PM
You know, Schafer and his team just made not one but TWO Kinect games so he's really not talking about Kinect haha. But yeah, this has been a known issue since the first DLC started to trickle in with the Oblivion horse armor. Nothing new here...
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#5HENTAIDOJIPosted 2/18/2012 2:29:27 PM
You don't need much strategy when you're a 90 ton steamroller and the competition is super gluing their ears to the tarmac ahead.
---
http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/4271/hentai1.jpg
#6Rdeal2Posted 2/18/2012 2:30:23 PM
He makes small arcade games so why should they need patching and if they do the first is free.
If ms let them patch for free it will end up like the pc release a buggy game and patch later
#7BingSanpaoPosted 2/18/2012 2:33:51 PM
Good news everyone! Michael Bay is kicking the crap out of Darren Aronofsky and Woody Allen in DVD sales.
#8bossk5Posted 2/18/2012 2:37:33 PM
the_real_one posted...

That pretty much says it all doesn't it?
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where for some reason it's ok to bash Americans continually without penalty. I buy used games.Pacers 18-12
#9iceman505Posted 2/18/2012 2:39:37 PM
the_real_one, trying, and failing, at trolling 360 since 2005.
#10OrgeLambartPosted 2/18/2012 2:40:08 PM
I'd rather watch a Michael Bay movie with tons of special effects than a boring snooze fest of a Woody Allen movie. Woody Allen is a talentless hack, he makes movies that people say they love, but few people actually want to watch.

Guess that is kind of like the PS 3, the system people love to talk about, but not really play.... Which is evidenced by the fact that Gears of War 3 outsold all the PS3 exclusives by itself.... I didn't buy Gears of War 3, but I do own a PS3...