This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My 360 red ringed, thinking about buying a new one.

#1DoublesoubaPosted 2/19/2012 1:37:24 PM
Will I be able to transfer my gamertag to the new 360? I really don't want to get all my achievements again. I'm not a big fan of the 360, so I don't know if I can. If I can't, I probably won't get one. But I really want to play Gears 3 and Halo 4, and I miss having all the systems so I can get any game I want, regardless if it's a system exclusive, so I do want a new one. Also, if I can transfer my gamertag, will I be able to re-download all the stuff I bought, like DLC and games?
---
FFVII=FFX>FFIV>FFVIII>FFV>FFVI>FFI>FFXIII>FFIX>FFXII>FFIII>FFII>all spin offs (i.e. crystal Chronicles, Tactics)>FFXI
#2Doublesouba(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2012 9:43:28 PM
Bump.
---
FFVII=FFX>FFIV>FFVIII>FFV>FFVI>FFI>FFXIII>FFIX>FFXII>FFIII>FFII>all spin offs (i.e. crystal Chronicles, Tactics)>FFXI
#3EnergistPosted 2/19/2012 9:50:58 PM
Yes, you can transfer your gamer tag and downloads. I recently upgraded from a launch console to a Gears of War 3 Sim model. Took about thirty minutes to transfer all of my save files, DLC, and such via a transfer cable.
---
Vagrant Story
Level 16: Grand Master Breaker
#4SEGA128DCPosted 2/19/2012 9:59:57 PM
Hmm, interesting...
---
Rise from your grave...
#5Doublesouba(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2012 10:01:14 PM
I don't have the 360 anymore. It wouldn't start. Could I just redowload everything manually?
---
#6EnergistPosted 2/19/2012 10:27:03 PM
Your Gamertag should still be no problem. I'm not completely sure about your DLC and such, but I think you'll recover your access to it without having to pay for it all over again once you recover your Gamertag. You'd just have to import your Gamertag to your new console in your case, which is fairly simple (you can find out how somewhere on Xbox.com). As long as you remember your log-in information for your Xbox Live account, you shouldn't have any problems.
---
Vagrant Story
Level 16: Grand Master Breaker
#7Doublesouba(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2012 10:40:00 PM
Cool, thanks.
---