This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

darkness 2 worth 30 bucks?

#1Rod1984Posted 2/19/2012 8:24:42 PM
I see it on ebay for 30 bucks plus shipping and I see a 2nd seller selling the LE version for 37, both are like new, so I am assuming the 2nd seller used the LE voucher code, what do you guys think? worth it?
---
PSN - mavrik1984 GamerTag - rod1984 Steam - rod1984
#2gorilla47Posted 2/19/2012 8:28:39 PM
Just from playing the demo I'd say yeah. I was hesitant of this game because I didn't like the way the graphics looked, but as I played it, it didn't bother me. Demo was great and I plan to buy it soon.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#3Pacman2dxPosted 2/19/2012 8:34:09 PM
I paid the full 60, ended it like 3 times .. got the full 1000/1000.

I say go for it - especially if you're a fan or at least played the first one.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Thank you Bungie .. 'Per Audacia Ad Astra' ..
#4AmazingDanyPosted 2/19/2012 10:46:11 PM
Wait until it's 20 or better, 10$. New games at 10$ is the sweet point.
#5tisukoPosted 2/19/2012 10:51:41 PM(edited)
I rented this game. I find the game to be pretty fun, its nothing like the first one.

30 bucks seems like a good price for the game.
---
+_AN|?+=E+ ?w?_+ i
PSN: tisuko GT: k0tet5u
#6Reel_Big_MikePosted 2/19/2012 11:04:50 PM
TC, it's absolutely worth 30 bucks. I loved it at $60. Such an awesome story, single player and 4 co-op campaigns, good achievements, and the quad-wealding weapon control works really well.
#7almasbabyPosted 2/19/2012 11:19:56 PM
XSNFan v2 posted...
TC, it's absolutely worth 30 bucks. I loved it at $60. Such an awesome story, single player and 4 co-op campaigns, good achievements, and the quad-wealding weapon control works really well.

It's very short, but it does have extras that might make it worth it if you're into that sort of thing, which I'm not. I usually play the campaign once or twice and then move onto the next game I'm interested in.

I found the controls frequently unresponsive. I'm sure that's due in part to my lack of mastery of them, but when you're fighting a horde of enemies and you're not gettting the response you want it gets frustrating. Couple that with picking up stuff you didn't intend to, which happenned a lot with me, the game was frequently annoying.

The best I'll say for the game is that it's an adrenaline junkie's dream. TC, if you like a frantic paced game where you battle hordes of enemies, and wave after wave of them, with little letup, you'll probably enjoy this game.
#8onlnejPosted 2/19/2012 11:47:50 PM
Yeah i said go with LE even no dlc as it really add nothing.
#9jinkuzamaPosted 2/20/2012 12:34:02 AM
Rod,

The game is more of a rental IMO. Some people have completed it in 5 hours.
Plus, the game has deviated from the original game; instead, choosing to follow the comic more closely. For fans of the comic book, they will likely praise the new direction.

For those who are unacquainted with the Darkness comic books; yet loved the original game, may find the changes to outlandish and deviate too far from an all to great formula. Some have even gone so far as to say that the game did not need to be made, as it ruined an otherwise excellent story.

It's your call TC. It all depends on whether you want to collect the game or simply play it. If it is the former, then buy it. If it is the latter, then I would suggest renting it.
---
Kana ~Imouto~