This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think gamers were tired of WW2 games, or were the WW2 games being made...

#1Gnarly_BPosted 2/19/2012 8:20:20 PM
... just bad. e.g. Medal of Honour games used to be amazing (Allied Assault anyone?) but had gone downhill in recent years. The first CoD games were all huge hits and generally agreed were good games for their time, however, with W@W being not very good (It seems to be generally agreed that it was worse than CoD4 and MW2) Treyarch moved away from WW2 and instead made Black Ops.

Battlefield 1942 was a great game and much as I love BF3, there's just something epic about storming Omaha Beach that no modern game seems to have been able to make something similar.

Personally, I hope that the studio behind the last MoH games single player campaign decide to make a WW2 game as the most recent MoH game surpassed any other modern infantry shooter from the past few years imo.
---
People who want another SW Battlefront: 208
"Gnarly, you are clearly more educated than me" - OblivionScamp
#2Texas LonghornPosted 2/19/2012 8:24:23 PM
I want a new WW2 Battlefield game, as I feel they do multiplayer the best of the current set (no offense to CoD fans, as I own MW3 as well, but it feels like I'm playing Sonic the Hedgehog sometimes it's so fast paced).

The real reason I'm posting though, is so you can add another number to your sig, I want a new Battlefront ;-)
---
Can't Stop the Signal.
Lose: Don't lose the game. Loose: I have a loose tooth.
#3SheepinatorPosted 2/19/2012 8:24:26 PM
The irony is WW2 games were big for more years than WW2 lasted. So yeah, some repetition for gamers, and post 9/11 the desire to virtual hunt terra suspects in OverThereIstan with cool kick ass modern weapons, was a strong fantasy to offer gamers, none of whom could really identify with WW2.
#4thegrinchypooPosted 2/19/2012 8:25:31 PM
take it this way

ww2 games - popular, saturated, implosion death
modern shooters - popular, saturated....actually still going although from the BF3 rant/instance leads onto....
futuristic shooters - can still have possibilities, its been saturated for over 20 years now BUT like the original halo proved a solid idea (no matter how badly its ages....**cough** halo anniversary **cough**) can work through and break the barriers into something new.

Imo a futuristic shooter where you jump between time zones from the past to the present to even the future where you get to try all different....oh bumhole, time splitters did it....

how about...erm...a unicorn who poo's rainbo...red faction

pong vs pacman?
---
Aslong as your loving the games on the system your playing, then YOU are the one winning the console war, remember play the games, not the console
#5ArnoldtheRedPosted 2/19/2012 9:01:43 PM
I want a WW 1 game for once
#6natevinesPosted 2/19/2012 9:04:08 PM
It's about time we have another WWII shooter. The modern stuff is getting annoying. Still so many parts of WWII that haven't even been covered.

As a war buff, though, there's still so much that hasn't been done. Haven't really been too many good Nam FPSs and not a single Korean war one...

When I first heard about Modern Warfare, I was hoping the CoD franchise was going to start branching out and covering all different kinds of conflicts. We've had close to a dozen games now and they've all been WWII and present day, with one cold war game. Meh.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#7Luthor_Posted 2/19/2012 9:04:22 PM
I want to play as Alexander the Great.
---
I want a US released, Monster Hunter title on the Xbox 360, Capcom.
#8Luthor_Posted 2/19/2012 9:05:13 PM
ArnoldtheRed posted...

Ohhhh no.

You can have fun spending 90% of the game in a trench, experiencing shell shock. I'll pass.
---
I want a US released, Monster Hunter title on the Xbox 360, Capcom.
#9natevinesPosted 2/19/2012 9:07:59 PM
You can have fun spending 90% of the game in a trench, experiencing shell shock. I'll pass.

Obviously it wouldn't have to be that realistic. Not 100% of WWI was trench warfare anyway. By the same token, you could say of a WWII game that you'll "spend 90% of your time in a tent shootin' the **** with your buddies" or something similar. Of course there's creative license.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#10SheepinatorPosted 2/19/2012 9:09:33 PM
ArnoldtheRed posted...

Toy Soldiers
Iron Brigade, well a little bit maybe