This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Original 360 HDMI Upgrade..

#1bababoinsPosted 2/20/2012 12:20:33 AM
I got a 1st gen 360 (yes it still runs well!) that was made pre-HDMI 360's.

I'm not much of an AV guy and was wondering if a Component Cable to HDMI conversion kit actually changed the video quality...

Thanks
Boins
#2Rome218Posted 2/20/2012 12:33:40 AM(edited)
I used to use component cables. In my experience, the graphics really don't improve too much. The color may come out a little different, but this is a six year old system we're dealing with. You are not going to see a difference of night and day. You may not even notice much difference at all. That's just from my own experience; I'm not sure what others have seen.
#3RenamonPosted 2/20/2012 1:15:54 AM
Not worth it to use a conversion kit. Like upscaling SD video to 1080i, it's still only SD.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#4JoboHotepPosted 2/20/2012 1:46:14 AM
I'd recommend the VGA adaptor for the 360 if whatever tv you're using has an input for it. I used it because I was using my computer monitor before I got my TV, and it looked great.

I also <think> you can use the VGA adaptor with a DVI adaptor if your TV only supports DVI, but I have no idea if there's a resolution loss. I think I remember also that you'll have to have a separate audio if you use DVI due to DVI only supporting video signal, but I'm not sure of the details concerning that.
---
To deal with the Cliff Racers, Jiub had to take off and nuke the site from orbit. It was the only way to be sure. <<Beriorn>>
#5GamerManiac187Posted 2/20/2012 2:09:55 AM
bababoins posted...

I'm not much of an AV guy and was wondering if a Component Cable to HDMI conversion kit actually changed the video quality...

Thanks
Boins

Nope, all it's going to do is change the plug you're using. That is literally the only point. Go for it if you really need your 360 to be on a HDMI plug, but otherwise fuggedabadit.
---
http://backloggery.com/kurano
#6bigg_pPosted 2/20/2012 4:56:15 AM
Renamon posted...

Not worth it to use a conversion kit. Like upscaling SD video to 1080i, it's still only SD.

You know that the 360 can put out 1080P through the Component, right?

bababoins posted...

Thanks
Boins

It will only make things worse...
Imho most tv's will have just as good picture with Component as with HDMI...