This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Changing TV mode resets 360?

#1Kurgan777Posted 2/27/2012 10:31:55 AM
Every time I change the input mode on my TV it resets the system, this never used to happen before.

I run an HDMI cable for the 360 and for the DVR box. It happens when I use the remote or when I use the controls built into the back of the TV to change the input mode.

The only thing that's changed from last week to now is two things....

1. The last dashboard update.
2. I carved up the standard RCA video cable that came with the 360 so I could have headphones.

So which one is causing it and how do I fix it???
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#2FocianPosted 2/27/2012 10:34:08 AM
This used to happen to me. I think it stopped when I got a new TV, really not sure what caused it.

Sorry I can't be more help, bud. Hopefully someone a little more versed in TV understanding will be able to help, if not, my suggestion is a new TV!
---
GT/PSN: Focian-
People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. Chaos is born from loving things, and using people.
#3kungfucolinPosted 2/27/2012 10:35:50 AM
Navigate your TV menu and turn HDMI CEC off.
---
I can read your minds what little there is. I know what all humans think. Nothing's changed in 1800 years. You can't be saved. -Orochi, KOF97
#4CapwnDPosted 2/27/2012 10:41:13 AM
2. I carved up the standard RCA video cable that came with the 360 so I could have headphones.

It's that.

Do what kungfucolin said and see if that fixes it, but if not you just need to either live with it (don't sit on the remote while you're gaming) or you may want to see if getting a dongle that doesn't give you that problem. It is said that the dongle found at monoprice.com doesn't give that issue, and monoprice.com sells them for cheap. Unfortunately they are extrememly popular and usually out of stock. Get on their email list and you'll get one eventually.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed
#5Kurgan777(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 10:48:11 AM
CaPwnD posted...

It's that.

Do what kungfucolin said and see if that fixes it, but if not you just need to either live with it (don't sit on the remote while you're gaming) or you may want to see if getting a dongle that doesn't give you that problem. It is said that the dongle found at monoprice.com doesn't give that issue, and monoprice.com sells them for cheap. Unfortunately they are extrememly popular and usually out of stock. Get on their email list and you'll get one eventually.

All I did was remove the plastic part of the plug near the end that goes into the 360 and cut a section out of it with a dremel, I never cut up the cord itself, that's still intact.
---
#6CapwnDPosted 2/27/2012 10:58:55 AM

CaPwnD posted...

It's that.

All I did was remove the plastic part of the plug near the end that goes into the 360 and cut a section out of it with a dremel, I never cut up the cord itself, that's still intact.

Right, but you are also using HDMI? It's an HCDP issue, IIRC, because the 360 has two video options plugged into it. Even though the RCA cable cord will not display video, it's still doing something to screw with the HDCP handshake with the TV. There's supposedly a wire you can cut/solder to fix the problem, or you could get a dongle that doesn't give you this issue.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed
#7gabriusPosted 2/27/2012 11:00:25 AM
My 360 was doing the same thing until I disabled Display Discovery.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#8CapwnDPosted 2/27/2012 11:21:34 AM
Oh yeah, that's another thing that could fix it.
---
Thrash or be Thrashed
#9Super CreaturesPosted 2/27/2012 12:17:03 PM
Does anyone know if the GameStop brand audio dongle has the HDCP issue?

Mostly curious for future reference for topics such as this.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#10Kurgan777(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 1:45:46 PM
Disabling the display discovery didn't work.

The only thing that worked was pulling the RCA cord, so that is the cause of the problem.
---