The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any way to install DLC for original Xbox games?

#1sikboy1029Posted 3/10/2012 2:10:03 PM
My console is not modded, is there any way do get DLC installed like maybe burning a DVD & installing it with that somehow?
---
In Memory of the Crocodile Hunter,Stephen Robert Irwin. Feb 22 1962- Sept 4 2006
Never forget, crocs rule
#2oasisbeyondPosted 3/10/2012 2:16:24 PM
nope, if it came with a disc, maybe you can find it on ebay, but most were not on disc. I can't play those 3 awesome splintercell missions on my Xbox now :(
#3Kurgan777Posted 3/10/2012 4:54:19 PM
oasisbeyond posted...
nope, if it came with a disc, maybe you can find it on ebay, but most were not on disc. I can't play those 3 awesome splintercell missions on my Xbox now :(

Those came on demo discs found in OXM (Official XBox Magazine).

The first add-on mission came in the February 2004 issue, disc #28, I have that one, dunno which discs had the other two missions.
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#4sikboy1029(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2012 10:40:33 PM
Guess MS dropped the ball as for as original xbox DLC goes, they could probably put an official .iso up for download & I bet a lot of people would grab it, I bet they could fit it all onto one disc even. Thanks for the info, guys.
---
In Memory of the Crocodile Hunter,Stephen Robert Irwin. Feb 22 1962- Sept 4 2006
Never forget, crocs rule
#5SupernautusPosted 3/11/2012 10:01:20 AM
It used to be available to download through the games (if they were compatible) but now that all the original xbox live is down I don't think there's any way to add it.
#6zyxomma100Posted 3/11/2012 10:06:40 AM
Nope, any original Xbox DLC is lost forever. If you have it on your current console already, it will still work, but the licenses for it do not transfer if you have to or want to switch Xboxs or upgrade to a new one.

Off the top of my head, the only Xbox game that you can still get DLC for is Halo 2, but that's only because there was an installable retail disc that is compatible with the 360. And it doesn't even have all of the maps.

It's the main reason why I haven't upgraded to a Slim.