This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why is xbox constantly buffering on netflix??

#11bassage(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2012 6:51:00 PM
DamnEvilDog posted...
Thats odd, I was watching Netflix on the PS3 and had to stop and switch to the 360 cause I was having trouble with it going low rez and buffering

May I suggest deleting and redownloading the app? I've done that before on the PS3 when Netflix was acting up, might work for you on the 360? I would have done that with my PS3 but I wanted to watch stuff right away x3

I'll give that a try.
---
#12NeoGeoXSegaPosted 3/21/2012 8:39:33 PM
There are ports to open for netflix to help this.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#13TwoNumbThumbsPosted 3/21/2012 10:57:35 PM
Try wired. Should buffer less.
---
Forgive me. I have a bleeding heart for gaming.
Official Weeping Angel of the Doctor Who boards
#14TrickyPonyPosted 3/21/2012 11:37:10 PM
I had this exact problem. My router was bad. Bought a new one and I haven't had any buffering issues since
#15ZosKiaCultusPosted 3/21/2012 11:57:26 PM
I dunno dude, 3mb's down a sec here, never an issue.
---
http://i.imgur.com/fCvCX.gif George is gettin' upset!
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#16bassage(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2012 11:37:57 AM
ZosKiaCultus posted...
I dunno dude, 3mb's down a sec here, never an issue.

Well, I get about 30, so that's not the problem. If your internet is that crazy slow and you're not having the issue, then it's the XBOX.
---
#17HeadScanPosted 3/23/2012 3:30:23 PM
The only time I get buffers is when I use my wireless connection. But when I hard wire it straight from my router, I never get any issues. I would say make sure you don't have any downloads, or uploads going. And make sure your router is locked so your neighbors aren't leeching your net.
#18Zelda_wood_elfPosted 3/23/2012 3:40:23 PM
bassage posted...
I am using cable internet and it is definitely a good speed, but, like I said, I am using a router and running the XBOX with wi-fi. NOTHING else is on, just the XBOX. The problem must be with the XBOX because the PS3 and my old PC in the living room both use the same wi-fi and run Netflix perfectly. Never any pausing. Also, the XBOX didn't always act like this, it just started doing this recently. I just don't know what is causing it.

I tried watching netflix on xbox yesterday could not dol it constant buffering, it never did this before I don't know what's going on but I can watch netflix on my cell phone no problem.

I prefer to watch it on my tv so if this is not fixed I will cancel.
#19bassage(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2012 3:55:18 PM(edited)
I reinstalled the netflix app and it didn't fix it. Some of the people responding here with tips about my connection aren't reading. I said before that netflix works PERFECTLY on my PS3 and on my old PC, and also on my wife's laptop. All of those are using the same wi-fi connection. It's only the XBOX that's doing this and it just started recently. There are no other downloads going on, my wi-fi is locked, that' not the problem.

I was thinking about this yesterday and I think I know exactly when this started. When that last update came out about 2 weeks ago, I immediately noticed that everything on the dashboard loaded slower. Friends list, demos, ads, the store, everything. Also when I scroll through my queue on Netflix, my selections take forever to load. Every time I flip the page I have to stare at gray boxes for 20 seconds until the pictures load.

Netflix worked just fine before this update. Somehow that update screwed something up and I have no idea what.
---