This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I 100% support Xbox 720 banning used games!

#1Dillon360Posted 4/7/2012 8:01:44 PM
Why?

Lets take Binary Domain, the game, for example.

It's a GREAT game. Yet it sold horribly.

No big deal right? Whatevsiez...

But then I come across topics on GameFaqs abouy how great the game is. Then a bunch of guys say "good to hear! I'll buy it used in a couple months!"

WTF?

Then it got me thinking, how many people are doing this?

Thousands?

Hundreds of Thousands?

Millions?!

There are MILLIONS of dollars going straight into GameStops pocket. When they SHOULD be going to the PUBLISHERS AND DEVELOPERS WHO MADE THE ****ing game!!!

Gaming studios are getting closed because you want to save 8$.

Gaming studios are cutting back on workers because for some reason you'd rather get a used game and give ALL OF YOUR MONEY to GameStop, while Sega doesn't see a dime?

It's NOT fair.

Let's say 75 thousand people bought Binary Domain. Let's say 50
thousand games were get traded in.

What if fifty thousand people bought the game used? What if it was more?

All of that precious money goes right into GameStops lap. And Sega won't see a penny....

And tons of people will get fired and lose their jobs.

"But sir! We sold 150 thousand copies! That's not so bad right?"

"Yeah, well.... 70% of the sales were used games sales. So pack you're **** you're still fired!"

And unfortunately I'll probably NEVER see a sequel to Binary Domain because the masses of you just HAD to buy used...

That makes me sick. It's the reason why I 100% support banning used games.

Publishers and Developers should get paid for making a great game... It shouldn't all be given to GameStop!

And if that means banning used games.... Then fine by me!
---
All it takes to be a superhero is the choice to FIGHT EVIL
#2KrispyKremeFoodPosted 4/7/2012 8:03:57 PM
tl;dr
#3GorillaInTreePosted 4/7/2012 8:06:08 PM
That looks like the transcript of an interview. I do not plan to read it.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 11/5/2011 6:06:56 PM:
Telling other users to smell your ass is trolling. End of story.
#4Johnny_SinisterPosted 4/7/2012 8:08:23 PM
There are a lot of "ifs" in your post.

Also, the rumors aren't suggesting that the new consoles will "ban" used games, but require online passes to play them if you purchase them second hand.

You also have to keep in mind that the consumer's choice to buy a game new or used is not so black and white. Just because a player buys a game used does not mean that the gamer would buy the game new if there was no other option. Used games are cheaper, and creates a margin of increased sales for buyers who are not willing to pay prices higher than the used games.
---
It's all or nothing. And nothing is all I ever get.
Gamer Tag: Johnny Sinister
#5JackBurton85Posted 4/7/2012 8:11:57 PM
I didn't read past a line or two of your overly long, unnecessary, surely annoying as hell rant.

I hope you are stopping for at least a split second to consider that your less popular, more unknown games aren't gonna stick around in stores TOO long. Some of us don't have the time or funds to get every game as soon as it comes out. Some of use don't get around to a game until a year or 2 after it's released. More often then not, your less popular, more unknown games become quite difficult to find on major retail store shelves after such a period of time.

Let's see just how easy it is to even find Binary Domain a year or 2 from now. I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of some Wal Mart, Toys R Us, and perhaps even Best Buy stores already aren't carrying it. I know the ones in my town often have pretty pisspoor selections even of games that aren't that old.

People don't get used games JUST for the price, it's also usually the easiest way(sometimes ONLY way outside ebay) to find a certain title.
#6GingivitisLegPosted 4/7/2012 8:14:16 PM
It's his favorite game in the whole wide world

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/62479517
---
Pepperidge Farm remembers
#7Dillon360(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2012 8:17:35 PM
Johnny_Sinister posted...
There are a lot of "ifs" in your post.

Also, the rumors aren't suggesting that the new consoles will "ban" used games, but require online passes to play them if you purchase them second hand.

You also have to keep in mind that the consumer's choice to buy a game new or used is not so black and white. Just because a player buys a game used does not mean that the gamer would buy the game new if there was no other option. Used games are cheaper, and creates a margin of increased sales for buyers who are not willing to pay prices higher than the used games.

Who cares if a MILLION people buy the game used?

Sega still won't see a ****ing dime. Do you understand?

They would rather have 1 new game sale over ten billion used game sales. Because they can actually PROFIT off of the 1 sale. They don't get **** for their used sales. Not a penny. Not even a used condom...

Instead of getting rewarded with sales for making a terrific game. They have to watch thousands of peasants flock to GameStop to save 10$...

It's just not right. GameStop laughs at everybody. The peasants are happy with the cheap prices. But the GAMING INDUSTRY is what's really suffering here.

And nobody seems to care... It's kind of sad...
---
#8OckmanPosted 4/7/2012 8:24:46 PM
Dillon360 posted...

They would rather have 1 new game sale over ten billion used game sales. Because they can actually PROFIT off of the 1 sale. They don't get **** for their used sales. Not a penny. Not even a used condom...

You don't know how wrong you are. Used games do a lot more than just take away money from developers/publishers. It also makes people aware of franchises. Do you think everyone who started playing Mass Effect 2 or 3 played the first game when it came out? because of used sales, people are actually able to get familiar with a franchise, and when the latest sequel comes out, more people will be eager to buy it when it releases.

People can buy older games in a franchise for $10-15 because they wouldn't take a risk on a new IP at full price. If they end up loving a game though, they'll be more willing to buy the latest sequel at full price.
---
PSN: Ockman XBOX LIVE: I ockman I
#9Dillon360(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2012 8:28:38 PM
Ockman posted...
Dillon360 posted...

You don't know how wrong you are. Used games do a lot more than just take away money from developers/publishers. It also makes people aware of franchises. Do you think everyone who started playing Mass Effect 2 or 3 played the first game when it came out? because of used sales, people are actually able to get familiar with a franchise, and when the latest sequel comes out, more people will be eager to buy it when it releases.

People can buy older games in a franchise for $10-15 because they wouldn't take a risk on a new IP at full price. If they end up loving a game though, they'll be more willing to buy the latest sequel at full price.

But there won't be a sequel if everybody buys the game used.......

=/
---
#10Ginsu VictimPosted 4/7/2012 8:32:42 PM
My reply is that I'll buy the game when the price drops, not that I'll buy it used.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)