This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm ok with no used games, but prices have to come down as a fair trade.

#1stnrbob2Posted 4/7/2012 11:28:05 PM
If you're going to force me to pay 60 for a game 3 months after release, it's just not going to work.

Sometimes, I'll buy a game knowing that if I don't like it, it'll still fetch a reasonable amount on ebay if it's within a good time frame after release. If you're going to take that way from me, then at least make releases $45 bucks.

How is the rental market going to work? Using Keys or digital download sounds like it's going to kill the rental market.

Also, it should be mandatory to drop the price of a game based on how it sells. Big names like COD or GOW or HALO should remain 45 for a long time, but games that don't sell as well should be lowered after 3-4 months. This sounds like common sense, but for some reason, they think that if it's digital, it's ok to keep it at full price months even YEARS after release. DLC is a good example.
---
Haters gonna hate.
#2kungfucolinPosted 4/7/2012 11:38:05 PM
Prices will NOT come down. If anything, they will go up.

---
Latest Video: Shadows of the Damned Video Review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI4CJiU6V4E
#3stnrbob2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2012 11:40:17 PM
kungfucolin posted...
Prices will NOT come down. If anything, they will go up.

Then people will buy less games.
---
Haters gonna hate.
#4kungfucolinPosted 4/7/2012 11:46:00 PM
Well, they will certainly be buying them from less PLACES.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing for the practice - far from it, I think the idea of disabling used games is completely idiotic.
I'm simply saying that if they DO do it - (which I still believe that they won't) prices will go up because they will no longer be competing with the reduced prices of used game sales.

---
#5Kurgan777Posted 4/7/2012 11:53:45 PM
kungfucolin posted...
Well, they will certainly be buying them from less PLACES.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing for the practice - far from it, I think the idea of disabling used games is completely idiotic.
I'm simply saying that if they DO do it - (which I still believe that they won't) prices will go up because they will no longer be competing with the reduced prices of used game sales.

That would be shooting themselves in the foot, raising the prices of games for no other reason than a lack of competition? That will get them fewer sales than ever before....
---
What's the purpose in owning a Grenade Launcher?
The sheer inability to continue life without it ! ! !
#6kungfucolinPosted 4/7/2012 11:59:19 PM
You could be right, but in a way, I think of gamers in a similar way to drug junkies.

If all of a sudden, someone is selling crack for twice the street value - will the junkies stop buying it? nope. They might kick and scream and rage, but they'll still buy it.

I think gamers are the same. No matter how much they screw us, we'll still keep buying games. (or pirating)

---
#7stav8Posted 4/8/2012 12:26:11 AM
This.is the reason i am planning on.buying one of the new alienware gaming desktops as sales on pc digital.content trump consoles hands down and according to reports consoles arent going to be up to the high end pcs anyways
#8stnrbob2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 12:50:57 AM
kungfucolin posted...
You could be right, but in a way, I think of gamers in a similar way to drug junkies.

If all of a sudden, someone is selling crack for twice the street value - will the junkies stop buying it? nope. They might kick and scream and rage, but they'll still buy it.

I think gamers are the same. No matter how much they screw us, we'll still keep buying games. (or pirating)

Nah... dude. Crack junkies are def not a good example dude... wtf?

No, people will buy a decent amount of games around the console launch and eventually realize that it's getting expensive. After that, people will buy the AAA releases and play them a lot. In a way, it'll be good for online communities because people won't abandon games as fast.

In a way, it'll also be bad for smaller titles. That's why I'm saying they should lower the prices overall and lower them again a couple of months later based on sales.

I don't work for Microsoft; just sayin'
---
Haters gonna hate.
#9albinojakoPosted 4/8/2012 12:54:20 AM
stav8 posted...
i am planning on.buying one of the new alienware gaming desktops

You just lost whatever credibility you may have ever had.
---
Not Changing this until there is a barrel roll move in Pokemon. Started 25/9/2010
http://tinyurl.com/bls9z3e
#10kungfucolinPosted 4/8/2012 1:03:27 AM

Nah... dude. Crack junkies are def not a good example dude... wtf?

Maybe you don't fit into that category, but I probably do...

---