This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone Have any Issues with Comcast Xfinity and your Xbox 360 S?

#17thAcePosted 4/10/2012 3:47:34 PM
I recently switched to Xfinity from ATT U-verse and I highly regret it.

Because we have all three (TV, Voice, and internet) Comcast supplied me with an Arris TG862 gateway device.

Everything works fine except for my Xbox 360 S. It cannot connect wirelessly and it is within range of my previous gateway device provided by ATT (to boot it was in the basement).

Connection speeds are slow and should I play a game, it drops the connection. I cannot play BF3 without massive lag or finish a match in Mass Effect 3. I'm so exasperated that I called technical support and they reset the modem over the phone which worked temporarily.

Can anyone help me out of this predicament? Thank you very much for your time and help!
---
In an FPS all you see is the gun, and maybe some fingers. What does it matter what race you are as long as the gun has bullets?
#2DefhimselfPosted 4/10/2012 4:29:34 PM
My mother had it and I used it for 2 months when I was staying there for reasons that are no important. But the speed was great BUT there was connection issues where the router would lock out the modem for some reason and you would have to reset/unplug both to get a connection again. I dont know why but it happened a couple times a week. But the speed was great, just connection issues and yes I have an 360 s.
---
I've been here since Thursday, December 20, 2001. So Yeah, Im bettter then you!!i!. The Biggest Miz hater on GameFAQs.
#37thAce(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2012 4:49:28 PM
Thanks for the response, may I ask if you were hooked up wirelessly?

If not, was there a noticeable difference if it was wired? I would get an ethernet cable, but I am waiting til payday on Friday.
---
In an FPS all you see is the gun, and maybe some fingers. What does it matter what race you are as long as the gun has bullets?
#4DefhimselfPosted 4/10/2012 5:01:16 PM
Wireless. And you could try wired. I have to admit I left my mothers 1 week ago and I miss her internet. It was so much faster but he modem and router sucked
---
I've been here since Thursday, December 20, 2001. So Yeah, Im bettter then you!!i!. The Biggest Miz hater on GameFAQs.
#57thAce(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2012 5:08:36 PM
I'll move my setup to my gateway. but if anyone is switching to xfinity with a new xbox, be wary; You pretty much have to buy a new router and bridge the connection

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-and-Router-Help/Arris-TG862G-GT-and-Xbox-360-S/td-p/1239977

Click the link for more information.

Applies to Issues between Xbox 360 S wireless and Arris TG862G Gateways (modem/router)

However, Xbox's that use the wireless peripheral work fine.
---