The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the difference between HALO 3 and HALO: ODST?

#1icewolf74Posted 4/15/2012 2:12:51 PM
Kmart has both of these games at 19.99 each. However, I know they are somewhat similar but somewhat different. I am mainly interested in the single player campaign and not the multiplayer. Are the only differences in the two associated with multiplayer, or are the campaigns different in each game? So which one should I go with, or should I just get both?

Thanks!
---
It will be a damn shame if the Vita does not sell well. This handheld console is way ahead of its time and absolutely beautiful.
#2Arucard05Posted 4/15/2012 2:14:00 PM
The campaigns are different and you should get both.
---
http://robotsquad.blogspot.com/
My blog where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#3The Other CASIOPosted 4/15/2012 2:14:27 PM
ODST is a side story, you don't play as Master Chief.
---
http://i.imgur.com/wh0TD.jpg
#4jaymart_2kPosted 4/15/2012 2:14:45 PM
Go with 3

Much better Single Player.
---
3DS FC: 3265 - 5225 - 6750 (JayMart )
(Xbox Live GT) jaymart 4point0 (PSN) jaymart_ 2k (Twitter) jaymart2k
#5Grogg555Posted 4/15/2012 2:15:30 PM
IMHO

3 has better gameplay storywise, ODST has a completely different feel to it, although I like the story for ODST better than 3, 3's story was lacking to me, it didn't seem like a good " close " to the story
---
Gamertag: Grogg555 SCV: Nightmare, Mitsurugi, Yoshimitsu
2nd in Command of The Dragoons :~: AC:V
#6icewolf74(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 2:15:35 PM
Ahhhh....okay. Thanks. I will get both then. I will probably start off with ODST since I imagine that is the more entertaining campaign; plus it has a much nicer looking cover art on the box. :D
---
It will be a damn shame if the Vita does not sell well. This handheld console is way ahead of its time and absolutely beautiful.
#7OverburdenedPosted 4/15/2012 2:19:12 PM
I'd say get 3, it is over all better, ODST is awesome, it's nice and original but still has the 'halo' feal to it. If you can get both, do it, if not, get 3. You'll get more out of the campaign. ODST does come with a sepperate mp disk with all dlc on (just incase your thinking about that)
---
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#8ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 4/15/2012 2:33:19 PM
nothing. from my experience all halo games are pretty much the same exact thing. a motocross racer fighting bird aliens hiding in purple structures
---
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
http://almightycheeks.hubpages.com/
#9megatombomberPosted 4/15/2012 4:00:58 PM
I'll note that although you said you don't care about the multiplayer component if you do find yourself interested eventually then you will find the ODST superior for the fact that you will get the entire Halo 3 non coop multiplayer experience. This means not having to buy any additional map packs. Also if you have friends who have the game firefight can be pretty darn fun.
---
Xbox Community Ambassador
GT - MegaAtomBomb
#10Dragon NexusPosted 4/15/2012 4:34:06 PM
ODST takes place during Halo 2.
Halo 3 takes place during Halo 3.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."