The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question on Top Shot Elite's (light gun) compatibility

#1Split InfinityPosted 5/8/2012 7:23:36 AM
Hey guys.

I am planning on getting Gal Gun game (on rail shooter), and while searching for suitable light gun I was surprised that my search was coming up empty. But then I found out that a light gun was finally made - it is packaged together with the game Cabela's Dangerous Hunts. I couldn't find this particular game, however I managed to find the box with Top Shot Elite and the game Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012.

While checking the box's description it mentions that Top Shot Elite is compatible with other games from Cabela's series, but doesn't mention anything about it being compatible with other titles that support light guns.

So what do you guys think? Would Top Shot Elite be compatible with other titles that are playable with light guns, or is TSE exclusive use with Cabela's games?
#2RycerXPosted 5/8/2012 8:27:08 AM
http://www.cabelas.com/assets/product_files/pdf/activision_compatability_chart.pdf

According to Cabela's website, different models of their light guns are only compatible with specific games, even within the Cabela series. If it isn't even compatible with certain Cabela games, I wouldn't count on it working for others. Even though I thought most light guns were supposed to be universally compatible on the same console.
#3Split Infinity(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2012 11:13:01 AM
Thanks Rycer, your link was helpful - so TSE wouldn't be a wisebuy.
Upon more research I found that GalGun was also released for PS3. And it looks like it works just fine with Move controller's gun addon.
#4RycerXPosted 5/8/2012 11:56:02 AM
Yeah, I would think Move peripherals will work with any PS3 game that supports light guns because Sony is responsible for making them. The top shot guns are made by Activision evidently.