This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can I get away with this(gamestop related)

#1henzler3Posted 5/12/2012 8:58:48 AM
ok so he it is plain and simple:

the other day, my xbox RROD, I couldn't do the fan trick or any other towel trick, because the fans were not working at all, so the next day(today) I bought a used fatt model,accidently spilt tea all over it, brought it home BAM RROD, so my logic was as of now (maybe it was just my plug) and so I hooked the sucker plug into my old fatt 360(one with the jasper chip in it) and YES IT WORKED so it was just the power cord that was screwed up the system and the system ran great

as for the other one, no, it was messed up as soon as I plugged it in

so now, my idea is, I switch out cords, bring the used one back( I am drying it now) and get my refund, my questions are

A: do you think they will notice the power cord difference

B: do you think my drink spilling had to do something with the RROD(and yes, there were 3 rings on it)
---
Doc Then tell me, "Future Boy", who's President in the US in 1985?
Marty: Ronald Reagan. Doc: Ronald Reagan? The actor!!
#2Delta ZeroPosted 5/12/2012 9:06:48 AM
Spilling drinks is bad. I wouldn't mention it to them (or anyone else) if you take it back, which you should do. As for the cord, if it isn't extremely different I doubt they will notice or even care (are cords that different in the first place?). Go ahead and return the broken items without worries.

Just remember to be civil and don't mention anything to them other than the item doesn't work. Don't explain anything, or even mention anything about spills, cords or other consoles in your possession. They don't have to know anything other than the console you purchased came defective.
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/xXDelta%20ZeroXx/tempo/card.png
#3ghkilla2012Posted 5/12/2012 9:09:11 AM
If they let you trade back systems into different stores than you bought them at like you can with games, just bring it to a different gamestop and you're all good. Either way though, I really doubt they'd notice the cord difference anyway.
#4RPG_ApostlePosted 5/12/2012 9:10:21 AM
......Y'know...

Normally I'd rip someone for screwing over someone else...

But GameStop is a multi-billion dollar company, so I don't care if they take a tiny hit here and there. Same with Wal-Mart and places like that.

But if they find out about the spill, the manager could come down on the employee who took it, and it sucks to get him in trouble... He's just trying to do his job.

I dunno, TC... It's a dick move, but I know that in life pretty much everything is trying to screw you over, so... I mean, I get it.

But I can't condone it.

TL;DR Version
I have no comment on this matter.
---
NarratorJeeves was the greatest user to ever grace the GameFAQs message boards.
#5henzler3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2012 9:22:21 AM
the problem is, even with the spill, I think it would still of RROD on me anyway, so it was gamestop who was being a dick to me

but yea, I like the idea of returning it to a different store, again I am like drying it or whatever, and I think all I have to do is say "it rrod" on me, which is what it did as soon as I dryed it out, so wtf?

and yea, the difference is the cord they gave me wasone that had buttons on the side, but thats so minor I don't think they will notice

I don't want to get anyone in trouble, I wouldn't do a dick thing like that, but in this case, my thought is even if I brought it home without that spill, I think it would of messed up anyway, but then again I am not sure about that, all I can tell you is that when I turned it on, the fans were really buzzing and from the looks of it, this 360 was a really old one
---
#6_OujiDoza_Posted 5/12/2012 9:24:51 AM
Geez dude from the sound of it you are a video game liability...spilling **** and destroying consoles...
---
GT: PrinceDoZeR
FORZA4|FIFA12|GEARS
#7henzler3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2012 9:29:08 AM
lol no, ok I have no idea why my old power cord messed up, it must have to do with my cuzin but it was just the power cord, not the system, the spill was an acident, almost got into a wreak and pulled my breaks, and the mcdonalds tea just spilt on the box in the floor
---
#8RPG_ApostlePosted 5/12/2012 9:38:00 AM
henzler3 posted...
lol no, ok I have no idea why my old power cord messed up, it must have to do with my cuzin but it was just the power cord, not the system, the spill was an acident, almost got into a wreak and pulled my breaks, and the mcdonalds tea just spilt on the box in the floor

Well now it's your own fault for thinking anything at McDonalds is good.

Secondly... Cousin. C O U S I N.

Inb4Winternova
---
#9NakedSnake1986Posted 5/12/2012 10:10:12 AM
The downfall of proper English. I sometimes make typos but text lazy English is just one step closer to idiotcraticy America.
---
"To do the right thing, you sometimes have to leave the things you love behind" - Big Boss
#10RPG_ApostlePosted 5/12/2012 10:14:04 AM
NakedSnake1986 posted...
The downfall of proper English. I sometimes make typos but text lazy English is just one step closer to idiotcraticy America.

Oh, the irony! :P
---