This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

R* Has Done It Again Max Payne 3 Is The Best Game I've Played In Years

#1PopGoesDaGlockPosted 5/15/2012 1:28:33 PM
Hands down, who else agree? R* is simply legendary.
---
RIP Eyedea
#2Super_Jedi7Posted 5/15/2012 1:29:31 PM
Have you played 1 and 2 and would say its quite better than those? I am highly considering buying it.
---
My Xbox live tag is zeric7x.
http://zeric7x.hubpages.com I write articles about video games on Hubpages.
#3pothocketPosted 5/15/2012 1:30:18 PM
I don't know. RDR was very a polished nothing. A very shallow gameplay experience.

But I did pick up MP3 today, mostly for the MP.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#4PopGoesDaGlock(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2012 1:32:56 PM
Super_Jedi7 posted...
Have you played 1 and 2 and would say its quite better than those? I am highly considering buying it.

I haven't beaten mp3 yet, but I'd say it surpasses both games pretty well. Im about 2 hours into the game and its a classic like the first two games already. If youre a fan of mp youre gonna like the game the gun play is much improved.
---
RIP Eyedea
#5LandfillAOPosted 5/15/2012 1:48:28 PM
Is it the average shooter it looks like or are there still the psychological thriller aspects that were such a big part of MP1&2?

I loved MP 1 & 2 but will buy this when it hits $20 as Remedy is not developing it. Seems like the psychological aspects are gone and I don't trust R* when it comes to good shooting mechanics as all their games are mediocre at best in that department.
#6oasisbeyondPosted 5/15/2012 2:24:45 PM
It's funny when people say Remedy didn't do it... Yet they did Alan Wake... A game worst then this game. MP3 is an awesome TPS and is once again king of the Bullet Time.
Some people that did mp1 worked on this game too, not all stayed at Remedy.
#7PatchworkPosted 5/15/2012 2:38:09 PM
Torn between buying this or Witcher 2.
---
The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.
#8vormisPosted 5/15/2012 2:40:26 PM
Two hours into the game and you claims it's the best game you've played in years? How long did you play every other game? 30 minutes?
#9PopGoesDaGlock(Topic Creator)Posted 5/15/2012 2:44:25 PM
vormis posted...
Two hours into the game and you claims it's the best game you've played in years? How long did you play every other game? 30 minutes?

Nope R* has a certain flair and polish that other games this gen lack.
---
RIP Eyedea
#10Cinn_kentsu89Posted 5/15/2012 2:44:41 PM
oasisbeyond posted...
It's funny when people say Remedy didn't do it... Yet they did Alan Wake... A game worst then this game. MP3 is an awesome TPS and is once again king of the Bullet Time.
Some people that did mp1 worked on this game too, not all stayed at Remedy.

I thoroughly enjoyed Alan wake and it's story is one of the best this gen. I will try this out later.
---
"cos the capcom damage control team kept saying "dont like it dont buy it" and it worked" - tehdud