This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I just bought GTA San Andreas on Games on Demand and...

#1hulkhogan1Posted 5/20/2012 6:00:47 PM
Only a few cutscenes have played so far before I got a "There's a problem with the disc you're using. It may be dirty or damaged" message. WTF? I paid 15 bucks for the game to not play properly?
#2WackyPosted 5/20/2012 6:17:30 PM
First, you overpaid. Great game, but c'mon.

Second, delete the game. Clear your cache.

Third, redownload the game.

(following are obligatory and optional)

Fourth, ???

Fifth, PROFIT!

---
Fear leads to Anger...Anger leads to Stress...Stress leads to Doobies...and Doobies lead to Twinkies!
#3Iceman83Posted 5/20/2012 6:22:11 PM
Games on Demand. LOL. Really man?
---
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
#4hulkhogan1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 6:23:08 PM
Wacky posted...
First, you overpaid. Great game, but c'mon.

Second, delete the game. Clear your cache.

Third, redownload the game.

(following are obligatory and optional)

Fourth, ???

Fifth, PROFIT!

Well, I bought a 1600 points card so I actually spent 20 bucks to get it (along with the Walking Dead arcade game, so I'd say that's worth 20 bucks overall). But the amount isn't what matters to me. The point is that I paid money for a game that won't even play properly on my harddrive. And I already waited a few hours for it to download, looking forward to playing it again since I never got into the game very much in the past. Having to download it again is pretty ridiculous.
#5iron_defensePosted 5/20/2012 6:23:12 PM

First, you overpaid.

!

I paid 50 bucks when it first came out. It was worth every penny.
---
"No, girls don't play video games. Why do you think I'm gay?"-Tequila Shot
Platinum FC: 3267 4071 8329 HG FC: 5071 1703 6349
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 5/20/2012 6:25:43 PM
Good luck finding a copy for a reasonable price. Even game-disc only copies in crap shape sell for $16 on amazon.

I heard the GoD version has saving issues and a variety of other problems, otherwise I would have picked it up myself.
---
Take the high road- give out all of your free damns right now. When you have no damns left to give, you'll be a happier person. --SquallWindblade
#7hulkhogan1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/20/2012 6:29:18 PM
Iceman83 posted...
Games on Demand. LOL. Really man?

Yes. You know, that thing where you can have a game on your harddrive so you don't have to deal with switching discs whenever you want to play it, especially when it's a used disc that might not even play well (and in this case, would likely be more expensive). Yeah, I sure made a terrible decision.
#8LiqiudusSnakePosted 5/20/2012 6:36:44 PM

I paid 50 bucks when it first came out. It was worth every penny.

I still have the original version with a gameshark that unlocks "hot coffee"
---
You Haven't Seen Anything Yet....
#9vigorm0rtisPosted 5/20/2012 6:37:55 PM(edited)
Price-wise it's probably the best way to go, but like I said, I was on the verge of getting SA the other night, but a little research proved that the GoD download has issues. I'd rather not pay the same for an 'acceptable' condition disc-- in my experience, 'acceptable' on Amazon means acceptable as a chew toy or a coaster.
---
Take the high road- give out all of your free damns right now. When you have no damns left to give, you'll be a happier person. --SquallWindblade
#10Vivi0198Posted 5/20/2012 6:44:18 PM
Sounds like a problem with your 360.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.