This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How are Fable 2 and 3?

#1Cyborg1000Posted 5/22/2012 2:56:34 PM
Was considering buying them. I played 1 on the xbox and really liked it. Never tried 2 or 3 though. Be honest, how are they?
---
www.facebook.com/mardy423
Xbox Live GT- ChrisHaloBoss
#2OrgeLambartPosted 5/22/2012 2:57:31 PM
Neither one is that good, 2 the series has gone down hill starting with the first one.
#3takidigits2005Posted 5/22/2012 3:01:37 PM
First game is still the best of the three (for me at least).
---
"I don't hate you for having an opinion. It's just that your opinion is irrelevant to my enjoyment of the game."
#4electrolyzerPosted 5/22/2012 3:04:45 PM
2 = 9/10 Loved it, pick up the GOTY edition if you can.

Am wrapping up my playthrough of 3 now. It's a 8 or 8.5. Great humour and beautiful graphics. It's very easy though, so if you're looking for a challenge these aren't your kinda games.
---
Gamertag : xXThoraxeXx
#5CapnStankyPosted 5/22/2012 3:08:00 PM
Fable 2 is really good. I can't comment much on Fable 3 other than to say that after an hour of the idiotic hand-holding (literal hand-holding) I sold the game. The game was so bad it should have been a PS3 exclusive.
---
Mass Effect 3, Witcher 2 360, Darksiders 2, Halo 4, Borderlands 2, Lumines Electronic Symphony, Fez, Trials Evolution
#6leon_bladePosted 5/22/2012 3:10:45 PM
since im playing fable again my input is 2 was just bad for me it was a letdown and for a last boss.....where is he.....?

fable 3 umm kind of okey the 1st half but the second half was just downhill I mean it was like being on a slow tram ride with 3 stops to explore and again final boss......at least he can take a punch

does fable not like making boss fight cause jack is still the only boss that fought back
#7RedFive3Posted 5/22/2012 3:11:19 PM
2 was great, 3 sucked IMO.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#8Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 5/22/2012 3:14:16 PM
I've played 2 and 3 and honeslty I liked 3 alot more than 3. The enviroments in 2 may be better and prettier to look at but the main charcter looks so ugly and awful and also goofy... and ruins the experince for me. I'd go with fable 3 tc your like it its not bad at all like ppl have exgarated in the past.
---
Animal Crossing City Folk FC: 4943-1040-9249 Character name:Oscar Town: Elmhurst
PM me your info too so I can add you as well.
#9PStrifePosted 5/22/2012 3:20:45 PM
Fable II for example wants you to have childish fun at one point of the final act. This experience unfortunately is mired by forcing you to essentially do annoying accumulative task gameplay in order to advance. It ends up playing as a chore, and not the fun which the game is pushing down your throat at that point.

Now, take that same gameplay style and make it into an entire game. See where this metaphor is going for Fable II.

The original game simply tries to do less, which made it a more enjoyable experience. Instead of trying to be master of unnecessary gameplay hats.
#10Air_DeleterPosted 5/22/2012 6:53:08 PM
I thought Fable 2 was pretty good, but 3 was just outright atrocious. Probably the game I regret buying the most on launch day. Well that and MW3.
---
For achievement/trophy guides and more, check out my YouTube channel at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/andrews1022?feature=mhum