This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SHOOTEMUP - All your game are belong to 360 - loop 6!! (SHMUP/STG/SHOOTER)

#451MR_SorenPosted 9/26/2012 10:18:36 AM
xyxrxuxafraidx posted...
Then it means I have beaten NONE... but I still consider myself a shmup fan! :)

Back in the day I thought just clearing Ikaruga alone was an accomplishment, that game was pretty tough.

But I will go back and try to 1 CC Mars Matrix... it seems doable

Well, you don't have to be great at something to enjoy it.

I have very few 1CCs myself. Bullet Soul, Deathsmiles, a few SNES games. Not much.

Most of them take a lot of practice, but it's something to shoot for if you're really into a game. 1CC and/or high scores.
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello
#452MachineZedPosted 9/26/2012 10:54:12 AM
To those that are interested in the PC. Humble Bundle 6 just added Jamestown to it's list.
http://www.humblebundle.com/

The current average is just above $6 for 10 games. Even if you are only interested in the Shmup its a nice deal. But my opinion Torchlight, Bit.Trip Runner and Gratuitous Space Battles themselves are worth more than $6.
#453McDohl MRPosted 9/26/2012 7:10:12 PM
Ragnarokxv posted...
Generally shmup players do not consider a game to be beaten until it is 1CC'd

...which means the list of shmups I have truly beaten is a short one.

Likewise. It's limited to a handful of Touhou games on Normal, a few Cave games on Novice, one or two on Arrange, and Espgaluda II on Omake, and Otomedius Excellent.

None of which are particularly impressive achievements.
---
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost
#454GOLDILOXPosted 9/26/2012 7:51:53 PM
Am hoping to add Dimahoo, Battle Garegga, and 19XX to this list soon.

Thunderforce III [GEN]
MUSHA [GEN]
Batsugun - original, special 1-All [SAT]
Battle Bakraid - normal course [MAME]
Armed Police Batrider - normal course [MAME]
Dodonpachi (1-All) - Type CS [SAT]
Dodonpachi Dai Ou Jou Black Label (1-All) - Type BS, Type AE [360]
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 (1-All) - All ships bomb, Black Label - bomb mode [360]
Deathsmiles - arcade, v1.1, MBL [360]
Deathsmiles 2X - X mode, arrange [360]
Mushihimesama - original, maniac, arrange [PS2] 1.5 Original, 1.5 Orig MAX [360]
Mushihimesama Futari - 1.5 orig, 1.5 maniac, BL orig, BL maniac, arrange [360]
ESPGaluda - Ageha, Tateha [PS2]
ESPGaluda 2 - arcade, black label, omake, arrange [360]
Muchi Muchi Pork - 1.01 (1-All), arrange [360]
Pink Sweets - arrange [360]
Akai Katana - arcade, zetsu, shin [360]
Ketsui - arcade, xmode [360]
ESP RaDe - JB 5th [PCB]
Daioh - japan version (1-All) [PCB]
Gunbird - (1-All) [SAT]
---
we... must... save... this... doomed... world...
#455MatrixAndrAIaPosted 9/27/2012 4:33:31 AM
Been a while since I've posted here. I've been playing Otomedius Excellent again recently. It's still really fun. Easy, but that doesn't matter. A shoot em up doesn't have to be a rage inducing challenge for me to want to play it. I love old school style games that aren't bullet hell, so it fits my interest.

I've 1cc'd quite a few shoot em ups in my 25+ years of gaming, but the the game that I'm most proud of was one lifing R-Type Delta on Normal. I actually did it several times back in 2008 and 2009 when I was at my peak in the game. I've also gotten through R-Type Final in one life on Human (Normal), two lives on on Bydo (Hard), and 1cc on R-Typer (Very Hard). There are more difficult games out there, but those are the ones that I'm most proud of.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#456GOLDILOXPosted 9/28/2012 4:03:41 PM
Just 1CCed MushiHD 1.5 Maniac (no MAX). Wasn't that difficult once I figured out a half decent route for the first half of stage 4 (darn scarab beetles!)

Fun game! A lot less aggravating compared to Futari 1.5 Maniac which was brutal in comparison.
---
we... must... save... this... doomed... world...
#457RagnarokxvPosted 9/29/2012 7:02:21 AM(edited)
I'm anxiously waiting for the time I can play the copy of Mushi HD sitting on my shelf mocking me.

I might actually put in whatever amount of time it takes to 1CC one of the non arrange modes. My problem is that I have too many games and spread out my play time evenly among them.

Most of my 1CCs are arrange modes, like Pink Sweets arrange, etc.
Although I have All Cleared Deathsmiles with all characters with scores between 100 and near 200 million. I 1CC'd Deathsmiles IIX on my first run picking rank 3 every time so that must not be much of an achievement.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#458MatrixAndrAIaPosted 9/30/2012 6:39:15 AM
I just finished completing the "Top Gun" achievement on Otomedius Excellent. A year ago I was dreading it because it seemed like a lot of grinding... and I wasn't wrong. I turned on my 360 yesterday morning and played for a while, paused ,went out to the movies, came home, played some more, paused overnight, and finished the rest of the 5 million that I needed this morning. I did it the easy way - set the game to Easy, played offline, and looped stage 1 until I had it. I think I did 62 or 63 loops. I died out all of my lives at just after the 10 million mark. Playing on the higher loops is no joke - tons of suicide bullets all over the damn place, and if I wasn't starting with a Force Field, I know for sure that I wouldn't have been able to do it.

I... I need a break from this game now for a while...
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#459johnny_boy84Posted 9/30/2012 2:11:16 PM
HELP HELP HELP HELP

......I need a bit of help on deciding on a game.

I want to get a new bullet hell game.

I am torn between:

Akai Katana
Dodonpachi
Deathsmiles

To give you a bit of an idea as to what I like, and what i have played. I love Ikaruga, this is currently may fav bullet shooter. However, I really dislike Trigger Heart. I thought the levels were poorly constructed and hated the swing mechanism. (Sorry if I have offended you with that last statement if you love Trigger Heart).

Ta
---
Support your local Poet
#460McDohl MRPosted 9/30/2012 7:06:33 PM
Deathsmiles.

They're all great shmups, generally considered among the best CAVE's made, but Deathsmiles is my personal favorite. (I assume by DoDonPachi that you mean Resurrection/Daifukkatsu.)

If you have a smartphone, you can get a feel for DDP and Deathsmiles by trying out the demo versions, just to see if the mechanics are to your liking. There's an Akai Katana Shin demo on the JP marketplace if you have or make a JP account, so you can try that one out for free, too.

Best to give those demos a go and make your decision based on which mechanics you like best.

I just finished completing the "Top Gun" achievement on Otomedius Excellent. A year ago I was dreading it because it seemed like a lot of grinding... and I wasn't wrong. I turned on my 360 yesterday morning and played for a while, paused ,went out to the movies, came home, played some more, paused overnight, and finished the rest of the 5 million that I needed this morning. I did it the easy way - set the game to Easy, played offline, and looped stage 1 until I had it. I think I did 62 or 63 loops. I died out all of my lives at just after the 10 million mark. Playing on the higher loops is no joke - tons of suicide bullets all over the damn place, and if I wasn't starting with a Force Field, I know for sure that I wouldn't have been able to do it.

I... I need a break from this game now for a while...

Ugh. I dread going back for that one. Grats.
---
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost