This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SHOOTEMUP - All your game are belong to 360 - loop 6!! (SHMUP/STG/SHOOTER)

#471McDohl MRPosted 10/3/2012 7:02:18 PM
Dangun Feveron was set to come to XBLA, but the port was scrapped somewhere along the line with no explanation.
---
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost
#472GOLDILOXPosted 10/4/2012 10:39:46 AM
I've been busy shooting, cleared both MushiHD 1.5 Maniac on standard and MAX. I'm now finally giving Guwange a serious try, man is it tricky! Every single moment in this game needs to be anticipated, definitely a brute memorizer. I'm able to get to the final boss' last pattern, but it's not coming easily.. that is for sure. After clearing this, it will be down to the last 5 cave clears for me!! :)

FallowHorizon posted...
Woot! My new copy of Muchi Muchi Pork!/Pink Sweets arrived today. Once I get around to picking up Espgaluda II, I'll be set as far as region unlocked Cave games go.

I find myself wishing that Cave had put more of their older games up on xbla, Guwange style. I'd love to have ESP Ra.De. or Dangun Feveron on my xbox...

Good luck with MMP/PS, they are both extremely difficult games. I don't know how skilled you are, but I could only beat the first loop of MMP on 1.01 (slightly easier than the arcade 1.00 mode) and PS arrange mode (which is fantastic btw). Regular Pink Sweet 1.00 mode is comparable to a Mushi or Futari Ultra mode, borderline impossible. I agree 100%, it would have been great to see more of cave's older games as XBLA games, or even double pack disc releases (galuda/ra.de would have been fantastic).
---
we... must... save... this... doomed... world...
#473McDohl MRPosted 10/4/2012 7:06:10 PM(edited)
Regular Pink Sweet 1.00 mode is comparable to a Mushi or Futari Ultra mode, borderline impossible.

I honestly think it's a lot harder than those. Pink Sweets is a nightmare.

Arrange is playable and way more fun, though, so who cares about the original? .-. (Pink Sweets Arrange is actually probably one of my favorite CAVE shmups.)
---
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost
#474RagnarokxvPosted 10/4/2012 10:17:31 PM
I agree. Pink Sweets arrange is one of my favourite Cave games too. It felt great to 1CC it for the first time.

Muchi Muchi Pork is great too. I can make it to the 4th boss with about 60,000,000 points. I have been able to make it through most parts of the game either during a continued run or in training mode I just need to string it all together. Maybe some day.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#475johnny_boy84Posted 10/5/2012 6:56:49 AM
I have, very recently, gotten back into this genre. However, what does this talk of arrange mode actually mean? For example, I have purchased DoDonPachi Resseruction, and can see that the four modes to play it, three of which I understand but one I dont.

They are:
1. Normal Xbox Mode
2. Novice Xbox Mode
3. Arrange mode B (play for high score per level, the more you play a level, and the better you do the harder the enemies get.
4. Arrange Mode A

For the life of me, I cant figure out how Arrange Mode A is differnt apart from you cant choose your ship. I feel that I am missing something fairly easy.

I guess to cut a long story short, when they included things like Arrange Mode, or 1.5 mode, what does this mean? As my last proper experience with a shump was with Ikaruga, and that had two fairly clearly cut modes, normal and prototype.

Thanks
---
Support your local Poet
#476GOLDILOXPosted 10/5/2012 8:32:11 AM
Arrange modes are console exclusive bonus' which change a number of elements of the game. In the case of DFK, Arrange-A primarily changes how the hypers effect chaining and bullet canceling, which in turn changes how you play for score. It also has features the between stage art from DOJ, and perhaps some altered art for bullets to resemble DOJ a bit more.

Arrange mode in Pink Sweets feels like a completely different game, almost everything about the way you play is different.

- No more speed adjust, instead there are two speeds based on tapping or holding shot
- No more option configuration, they are fixed to wide shot
- Rose crackers now spawn medals from enemy bullets
- Medals are capped at a lower value (1,000pts?)
- Rose Hips can be spent to fire a hado-shot a la Ibara
- Destroying enemies while a Rose Cracker is active will increase a multiplier (x64 max?)

Usually Arrange modes are significantly easier than arcade counterparts, one exception to this is ESPgaluda for PS2 which is easily twice as difficult as the original game.
---
we... must... save... this... doomed... world...
#477johnny_boy84Posted 10/5/2012 9:31:57 AM
GOLDILOX posted...
Arrange modes are console exclusive bonus' which change a number of elements of the game. In the case of DFK, Arrange-A primarily changes how the hypers effect chaining and bullet canceling, which in turn changes how you play for score. It also has features the between stage art from DOJ, and perhaps some altered art for bullets to resemble DOJ a bit more.

Arrange mode in Pink Sweets feels like a completely different game, almost everything about the way you play is different.

- No more speed adjust, instead there are two speeds based on tapping or holding shot
- No more option configuration, they are fixed to wide shot
- Rose crackers now spawn medals from enemy bullets
- Medals are capped at a lower value (1,000pts?)
- Rose Hips can be spent to fire a hado-shot a la Ibara
- Destroying enemies while a Rose Cracker is active will increase a multiplier (x64 max?)

Usually Arrange modes are significantly easier than arcade counterparts, one exception to this is ESPgaluda for PS2 which is easily twice as difficult as the original game.

Thanks mate. Just picked up a copy of Deathsmiles Deluxe edition for 10 as well. Cant wait to play that.
---
Support your local Poet
#478gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2012 9:47:49 AM
Wow, we're closing in on Loop 7!

Just so you guys know, if it doesn't happen today before I get out of work, I will put the new topic up first thing Monday morning. The OP will look very similar to this one as I have been incredibly busy and haven't been able to do much beyond a few minor tweaks. Hope everybody understands ^_^

As always, thank you everyone who makes this one of the best discussions... anywhere. You guys are all awesome, and have definitely made an impact on this genre for this and future console generations - you have my eternal gratitude and respect for that.

KEEP.

SHMUPPIN!!!!
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#479johnny_boy84Posted 10/5/2012 10:16:04 AM
gabrius posted...
Wow, we're closing in on Loop 7!

Just so you guys know, if it doesn't happen today before I get out of work, I will put the new topic up first thing Monday morning. The OP will look very similar to this one as I have been incredibly busy and haven't been able to do much beyond a few minor tweaks. Hope everybody understands ^_^

As always, thank you everyone who makes this one of the best discussions... anywhere. You guys are all awesome, and have definitely made an impact on this genre for this and future console generations - you have my eternal gratitude and respect for that.

KEEP.

SHMUPPIN!!!!

I will be all weekend Gabe. Somehow all you lot in here have given me the passion back for the SHUMP. For that I thank you, and despise you (I cant get bullet patterns out of my head!).
---
Support your local Poet
#480johnny_boy84Posted 10/5/2012 1:24:59 PM
Question regarding imports:

I have a pal who lives in Japan, if he was to pick me up and post me some imports of games, would they cost more than comparable websites like playasia etc?
---
Support your local Poet