This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SHOOTEMUP - All your game are belong to 360 - loop 6!! (SHMUP/STG/SHOOTER)

#61ewalkPosted 5/26/2012 11:38:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#62Stray_ZeroPosted 5/26/2012 11:41:15 AM
ewalk posted...
I'm bumping this for the sake of saying this topic is getting OLD.

Says you, lol...
---
"Jitterbug, He who Opens the Door" - DeathSmiles - Live/PSN/YouTube: NeoStrayCat (=^_^=)
#63nofxnofxPosted 5/26/2012 2:16:37 PM
Having more fun than I expected with akai katana, especially shin mode. Not done any real practice yet and haven't settled on a character, and I haven't quite got the rhythm of popping in and out of phantom mode, but I can see it on the horizon.

I need to figure out what I am supposed to be doing on the bosses due to the slow item gain without sitting on their faces.
#64PerfectZer0Posted 5/26/2012 2:21:37 PM
Gabrius posted...

Radiant Silvergun
Ikaruga
Raiden IV
Raiden Fighters: Aces
Eschatos (region-free import)

...there are more, but that'll start you out, at least ^_^

You see what you did here? You left out the most badass region free shmup of all time. Well...the best shmup on the 360 imo...Bullet Soul.

HEY! Starwing6!

Get Bullet Soul!!!! It's badass.
---
I'll be at my favorite space pub, drinking beer, and playing Bullet Soul. ~Cheers to you awesome spaceship shooter!!~
#65gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2012 7:01:41 PM
...but if I mentioned it, I wouldn't have left you the opportunity to gush over it yet again ^_^

BTW, Zer0, you have the DLC's for the game, right?
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#662DshmuploverPosted 5/26/2012 7:06:17 PM
Does anyone know if Strike Witches is region free? I really like the look of this game but don't have a JP Xbox yet.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#67gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2012 7:24:27 PM
Region locked... but don't feel that bad. The game is awful.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#68ewalkPosted 5/26/2012 8:15:50 PM
Can someone explain what the major appeal of Radient Silvergun is? I have the game, but I have still yet to beat it.

I bought it because it was a legendary shooter (of the Saturn, I think?) but I wouldn't consider it the best shooter I've ever played.

I prefer more bullet hell type shooters than the strategic ones. I bought Raiden 4 on a whim,and I think it may still be my favorite. It lacks some features I would like, but it's pretty good none the less.

I also think this topic should mention Alien Hominid, although it was a little underwhelming. I did enjoy the game a lot.
#69McDohl MRPosted 5/26/2012 8:20:30 PM
Does anyone know if Strike Witches is region free? I really like the look of this game but don't have a JP Xbox yet.

360 version is region-locked. The PSP version will, of course, be region-free.
---
Even at his most powerless, man's existence is never without meaning.
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/daverost
#70gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 5/26/2012 8:42:58 PM
Can someone explain what the major appeal of Radient Silvergun is? I have the game, but I have still yet to beat it.

I bought it because it was a legendary shooter (of the Saturn, I think?) but I wouldn't consider it the best shooter I've ever played.

I prefer more bullet hell type shooters than the strategic ones. I bought Raiden 4 on a whim,and I think it may still be my favorite. It lacks some features I would like, but it's pretty good none the less.

I also think this topic should mention Alien Hominid, although it was a little underwhelming. I did enjoy the game a lot.

RSG is my personal fave for a bunch of reasons - it has an amazing weapon/upgrade system, killer bosses, epic (very epic) music, awesome plot/story (rarity in this genre), great length... I can probably go on for a while about this game - I absolutely love it.

If bullet hell is more your flavor, yeah, RSG isn't going to be your favorite... not even close. The differences in styles are quite extreme.

As for Alien Hominid - I can make a pretty safe assumption and say that most people who post and read through this discussion are fans of the "run n gun" genre... and Alien Hominid is a pretty great... albeit hard as hell entry into that genre,
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius