This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

SHOOTEMUP - All your game are belong to 360 - loop 6!! (SHMUP/STG/SHOOTER)

#71Arucard05Posted 5/27/2012 11:00:15 AM
I can't believe I missed the end of Loop 5. T_T
---
http://robotsquad.blogspot.com/
My blog where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#72EnigmaGamerPosted 5/27/2012 3:11:10 PM(edited)
gabrius posted...
Being exceptional at SHMUP games has always been a lingering pipe dream of mine. Too bad I'm downright awful at these games. >:(

From the OP:
Holy crap this game is hard…

This is not a genre for the faint of heart. You WILL die. A LOT. Memorization, practice, youtube, practice, determination, and more practice are your friends. Replays help as well, especially with a level/section/boss that’s giving you a particularly difficult time. Don’t get discouraged – we have all credit-fed our way through a boss fight. Stay with it long enough and you will be able to decimate Tyranosatan without a scratch!

We've ALL been there, dude. Even those few super-elite shmuppers that post here (no, I'm not one of them).

Can't think of any super Elite ones that post here. But I'm not aware of all people's 1cc's and scores.

But then, when I'm thinking of more elite players, I'm thinking of stuff like

www.youtube.com/user/Sapzdude

www.youtube.com/user/Jaimers91

http://www.youtube.com/user/Erppo

www.youtube.com/user/mrmonkeymans

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nautth (really only included this one due to the DOJ BL 2-All)

Oh, and here's a good Ultra run by the top western scorer for the mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fliuSt_Uyc

Highly recommend watching some of their stuff. But compared to this, I can't really consider myself any good, especially when I've only beaten easy stuff.
---
Currently Playing:Various JRPGs, Various Shmups, Halo : Reach, and some other games. Because I'm too lazy to ever update this.
#73str8KnowledgePosted 5/27/2012 6:50:56 PM
sockesocke posted...
str8Knowledge posted...
Are there any shmups that have enemies that shoot where you are going instead of where you are at?

from the top of my head there are 2 games with homing enemy bullets.
blue wish resurrection pc freeware
espgaluda

I mean where they shoot where you are headed like throwing a football at somebody running.
#74EnigmaGamerPosted 5/27/2012 7:13:00 PM
not really possible as the game would have to actually know where you're headed. It wouldn't be able to predict your speed changes or direction changes.

It pretty much has to be varied between patterns aimed at you, aimed away from you, static patterns, static patterns based on position, random patterns.
---
Currently Playing:Various JRPGs, Various Shmups, Halo : Reach, and some other games. Because I'm too lazy to ever update this.
#75Mason_CainPosted 5/27/2012 9:42:18 PM
Its not hard for a game to shoot where you're going. Its just forcing to change direction even faster. I've seen it in plenty of games.

Man waiting for my imports is killing me ; ;
---
I am the Tevinter Archon!
#76Mason_CainPosted 5/29/2012 4:50:05 AM
Need help!!

Muchi muchi pork n pink sweets just arrived. Its got a code to put in... Can i use that on my UK account or do i need to put it in on my jp one? And what's it even for, lol

Also, mushi futari and espgaluda ii will be here tomorrow. Any dlc i should get for any of the above mentioned?

Cheers shmuppers!
---
#77MR_SorenPosted 5/29/2012 5:46:57 AM(edited)
PerfectZer0 posted...
You see what you did here? You left out the most badass region free shmup of all time. Well...the best shmup on the 360 imo...Bullet Soul.

I have Bullet Soul and both DLC, and I thought the game was merely okay. I do not care for proximity-based scoring, so the game lost it's appeal after I got the 2-ALL. The game is also quite easy, so that did not take very long. Probably a good choice for people getting into the genre who are just going for survival, and the proximity-based scoring does teach the basics of risk versus reward.

Somebody in Europe beat my Casper score on Deathsmiles. (Still the top on the NA leaderboard.) My STG time has been going to Deathsmiles as I attempt to undo this tragedy. Sadly, that means I have been neglecting Akai Katana. Seemed sweet, but I need some time to really get a feel for the mechanics.
---
Blog: .............. http://red-grenade.com
Gamertag: .... rjcarello
#78gabrius(Topic Creator)Posted 5/29/2012 5:43:27 AM(edited)
Mason_Cain posted...
Need help!!

Muchi muchi pork n pink sweets just arrived. Its got a code to put in... Can i use that on my UK account or do i need to put it in on my jp one? And what's it even for, lol

Also, mushi futari and espgaluda ii will be here tomorrow. Any dlc i should get for any of the above mentioned?

Cheers shmuppers!

IIRC, the codes had to be redeemed on my JPN account.

As for the two games you have coming, the Black Label DLC for Mushihimesama Futari is something you should definitely pick up... and it's available outside of the Japanese Marketplace as well. Here's the UK link:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Product/Mushihimesama-hutari-Black-Lavel/00000000-0000-400c-80cf-0002435a07d7?cid=search
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#79Mason_CainPosted 5/29/2012 6:30:28 AM
Cheers dude! Got to pick the two games up from post office they weren't there this morning. Waste of a 40 min trip. Heading out now to check again :/
---
#80nofxnofxPosted 5/29/2012 8:03:49 AM
hutari black lavel. Makes me laugh every time I see it :)

Seriously a must purchase though, BL has my favourite Mushi Futari game modes, although I definitely recommend that you don't neglect 1.5.

Akai Katana is starting to click into place, but I prefer Shin mode (Slash?) to the others due to the more interesting and rhythmic scoring system. Original mode scoring seems, at least so far, rather bitty and fussy if you know what I mean.

I think I shall work on a Shin 1cc before anything else and then come back to the other modes if I want to carry on.

I still haven't made any serious progress into Deathsmiles, Guwange and DoDonPachi Resurrection either which is pretty sinful.