This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fighting Games: (If you're a fan, you're welcome to post here)

#1zaiwenPosted 5/25/2012 12:43:50 AM
not sure if this was made before but i just wanna make a thread within these boards that talks about nothing but fighting games. obviously since this topic is within the 360 board then it's quite obvious we should only talk about fighting games for the 360. or if you still insist, fighters across all platforms are also welcome.

we can talk about anything related to fighting games really. I myself only play SFs, Tekkens, UMVC3, SFxT & MK. thought i'm open to try out the DOA, VF, Blazublue & SC series even if i've no idea story wise. yeah i know it's a fighting game but I follow the story as well like in Tekken & MK.

so how bout it folks? let's start with your favorite fighting game on 360 & which character do you specialize in?
---
GT & PSN: zaiwen3
#2IWUPosted 5/25/2012 12:59:27 AM
Ahhh nice, much like the Shmup topic humble beginnings
---
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds. I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." -J. Robert Oppenheimer
#3Banana_ManaPosted 5/25/2012 1:04:58 AM
Alrighty, here's a query for ya...

Being someone who is not very good at fighting games, i'm not so interested in online... BUT I do love fighting games...

So, should I buy Skullgirls now? Or wait for DoA5?

Loved DoA4, and various incarnations of street fighter. Advice?

Also, what is the best game for someone who cannot combo to save his life?
---
--*^^*--
#4FoxTornadoPosted 5/25/2012 1:32:22 AM(edited)
Banana_Mana posted...
Also, what is the best game for someone who cannot combo to save his life?

@Banana:
SFIV is relatively less combo centric than stuff like BB and Marvel 3 imho, so you could try one of those :)

Haven't played Skull Girls yet, so can't comment on that, sorry.

So, this thread is like the Shmup thread but about fighting games instead. I'll just post my mains and subs, for starters.

Street Fighter IV (all versions)
Sakura Kasugano

Soul Calibur
alpha Patroklos
Viola
Sieg
Chai Xianghua
Seong Mi-Na

BlazBlue
Mu-12
Lambda-11

UMvC3
Morrigan
Vergil
Ammy
Ryu

King of Fighters
Terry Bogard
Mai Shiranui
Andy Bogard
Joe
Kula Diamond
K'
Blue Mary
Chae Lim

Fatal Fury anything
Terry Bogard

Mark of the Wolves
Terry Bogard

Dead or Alive
Hitomi

Virtua Fighter
Pai Chan

Tekken
Asuka Kazama
Hwoarang (trying to learn)
Lars
Kunimitsu (confirmed for Tekken Tag 2, hell ya!)

So, who's hyped for TTT2? ^_^
I hope Future Press does a guide for it, their SCV guide was excellent; full frame data and good coverage on the basics.

The damn wait is killing me. I was looking for some more games to pass the summer with, besides Akai Katana, KOFXIII, and SCV, and I ended up buying Mark of the Wolves off XBLA. Wish I had bought it sooner, it's still really good for an older fighting game.

"Rock you! Are you OK? BUSTAH WOLF!!"
"Stand up!"
---
Playing: AK, Halo Reach, Binary Domain, KOF13
Akai Katana: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol-D_buB_Uc&feature=related
#5Rancid_SkankPosted 5/25/2012 1:41:03 AM
Good thread.

I'm just picking up King of Fighters XIII at the moment, after a couple of months playing SF x Tekken. It seems like it's going to be a great game, but online is fairly rotten unfortunately.

SFIV is relatively less combo centric than stuff like BB and Marvel 3 imho, so you could try one of those :)

Technically this is correct, but it's worth mentioning that in most cases, its harder to pull of a simple 3-4 hot BnB combo in SFIV than some wacky 15 hit combo in MvC or BB because SFIV uses much stricter timing and tighter links, whilst MvC especially is much more lenient and accepts mashed inputs because of the 'Magic Series' implementation...
---
GT: RancidSkank
PSN: Rancid_UK
#6Rancid_SkankPosted 5/25/2012 1:50:17 AM
Oh, and as for the question posed by TC, I'll try my hand at any fighter, although I usually sway more towards 2D fighters over the 3D counterparts.

The SFIV series is probably my favorite and the one I've spent the most time with, and I guess my mains would be Guile, Rufus, Dudley or Dan, since I use those the most by far.

I have to admit, I didn't think I would but I really enjoyed the newest Mortal Kombat game, where I ended up maining Johnny Cage in the end.
---
#7Billy_DeliciousPosted 5/25/2012 2:25:26 AM
Good topic, hope it picks up some steam and becomes the next shmup topic! (No offence Gabe!)

Anyway, my favourite fighter on 360 has to be SF4. Basically got me into fighters in 09, and now they're probably my favourite genre. My main characters:

SF4 series:
Zangief
Guile

KoF: (I'm AWFUL at KoF, but anyway...)
K'
Benimaru
Terry

Blazblue:
Ragna

SF3:
Alex

UMvC3:
Spencer
Nemesis
Doctor Doom (Need to replace Nemesis, he kinda sucks, but I love resi 3 so much!)

I'm awful at Tekken too, but I use Miguel and Bryan.

SFxT is an abomination.
---
You don't need a reason to help people.
Buy these: Cthulhu Saves The World, Nier, Deadly Premonition, Dead Pixels, Trials HD, BloodyCheckers, Final Fantasy 9.
#8Banana_ManaPosted 5/25/2012 2:36:22 AM
Yeah I had SFIV for a while - sold it though... Was fun, but I still sucked big time. Not even a chance online!!!

What is the best story mode in a fighter?
---
--*^^*--
#9Rancid_SkankPosted 5/25/2012 2:51:40 AM
Most people would say Mortal Kombat, but it's mainly because most fighters don't even have a story, just an arcade ladder.
---
#10FoxTornadoPosted 5/25/2012 3:22:00 AM(edited)
^
You're right.
Also, King of Fighters XIII and the BlazBlue series have well done story modes, too. Rival Schools: Project Justice for DC had a pretty good story mode back in the day; branching paths and multiple endings if I remember right. Similar to BB.
---
Playing: AK, Halo Reach, Binary Domain, KOF13
Akai Katana: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol-D_buB_Uc&feature=related