This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do pre-order bonus online game DLC codes expire?

#1PorcupinePosted 5/25/2012 6:13:06 PM
I'm looking at buying a couple of limited edition pre-order bonus DLC code cards for a particular Japanese game that is 1 1/2 years old. The codes say they have expired, a year after the release date, but the seller thinks they probably still work.

I know that for some PS3 codes, they still work even after they say they've expired. Recently I redeemed a limited edition code for Xbox 360 Soul Calibur 4 Premium Edition that should have expired years ago.

So for those of you with more experience, do some Xbox 360 DLC codes still work even after they say they've expired? Or are these codes expired for sure?

Also I was wondering, since the game is Japan exclusive (but region-free oddly enough) would I be able to use the DLC code on a USA Xbox Live account, or will I have to make a separate Japan Xbox Live account on my console?
#2LunarRoarPosted 5/25/2012 6:15:25 PM
DLC vouchers have the lifespan of about a year AFAIK
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
Official Grand Master Assassin of New York (Assassin's Creed 3 board)
#3Super CreaturesPosted 5/25/2012 6:41:29 PM
From what I've read, DLC codes never actually expire.

For example, even though the Stone Prisoner code included with the retail copies of the Regular and Collector's Edition of Dragon Age: Origins has an expiration date of 4/30/2010, it is still able to be redeemed.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#4ewalkPosted 5/25/2012 7:06:22 PM
Sgt Johnson's skin for Halo OSDT firefight mode did indeed have an expiration date on it.
#5davepescPosted 5/25/2012 7:09:02 PM
They have expiration dates, but I used a Dragon Age code well after the date and got my stuff, so try your luck!
---
"**** you'll thats all you mofos know how to do iss pick on people cause there typeing **** this site" DarkAssAssIn051
#6Porcupine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2012 7:18:44 PM
Thanks for the responses, I guess I will have to try my luck. ;)

ewalk, so that particular code was confirmed by players to have expired?
#7Super CreaturesPosted 5/25/2012 7:21:20 PM
ewalk posted...
Sgt Johnson's skin for Halo OSDT firefight mode did indeed have an expiration date on it.

But did the code ever actually expire?

There is a big difference between having a printed expiration date and the code actually expiring.

Most expiration dates on DLC codes are pure and total BS, I don't care if a DLC code has a date of 01/01/08, chances are, it can still be redeemed.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.