This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Left Analog Stick Problem

#1LethalxBadgerPosted 6/9/2012 4:33:02 PM
It creeps up a little bit whenever i play games, like in a gun game my character moves forward slowly and stuff like that.

Is there a way to fix this? Or do i just need to buy a new controller? Just wondering if there is anything i can do to fix this, this controller is really nice except for this problem.

Help is much appreciated!
#2MrRGerkPosted 6/9/2012 4:49:28 PM
Depends on what is causing it. If it is a buildup of dirt, you could take it apart and clean it. If it is being caused by faulty hardware, you could purchase parts and repair it.
#3LethalxBadger(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2012 4:53:27 PM
I've been doing some research..

Is the toothpick fix legit? Putting a toothpick where the metal part should be under the analog stick.. does it work or could it lead to problems?
#4AmazingDanyPosted 6/9/2012 7:45:16 PM
Mine too, it's called "drifting".

I've looked online for concrete solutions but nothing came up.
#5LethalxBadger(Topic Creator)Posted 6/9/2012 8:28:28 PM
Yea the best thing that came up was the toothpick idea, but that seems sketchy.

Anyone used it before?
#6Jaminator21Posted 6/9/2012 9:07:25 PM
All my controllers are drifting right now or when I'm playing any game that involves pressing in L3 to run, can barely run for 2 seconds before stopping. Also, I can't even walk backwards when I play Cawadoody. Sucks when someone throws a nade and you have to do a 180 just to run away.
---
Trololololol
#7LethalxBadger(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2012 1:15:35 AM
Yeah, I'm having the same problems.

Is it possible to switch analog sticks from other controllers? I have some controllers i don't really use, could i just put the stick from one of those onto the controller i like?
#8LethalxBadger(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2012 10:01:35 AM
Anyone? Bump.
#9StucklnMyPantsPosted 6/10/2012 11:46:12 AM
You can, it's not that hard. You'll need a special type of screwdriver to get it open (like a Torx T something). You could also order replacement sticks off of eBay for pretty cheap (like just a few dollars). But that might not be the problem. It could be the metal stick that is soldered to the board that is under the stick. If that is the case, then you're pretty much doomed to a drifting stick for the rest of the controllers life. I'd try replacing the sticks first though to see if that is the problem. You can also wipe down the crevices and get the dirt out while you have it apart.
#10LethalxBadger(Topic Creator)Posted 6/10/2012 3:08:45 PM
Is this what you're talking about to replace the analog stick?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Xbox-Controller-Replacement-Analog-Stick-/370618140168?pt=UK_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item564a900608