This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

needing some game recommendations..

#1EazyERockPosted 6/12/2012 11:51:08 AM
needing some help in looking into some games..

ive actually been looking to get some racing games, but most of the games i have seen are hardcore sims or cartoons... having trouble finding something in the middle ground with somewhat active online community,, any recommendations? ive played Forza series and Blur,but im looking for something different..

also i would like some decent adventure/action games.. any general suggestions for this? please no RPGs..

any help would be appreciated..
---
not changing this sig until RG3 wins Rookie of the Year
#2glassghost0Posted 6/12/2012 11:52:16 AM
Enslaved
---
Check out my Youtube Videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/GlassGhost0/videos
#3EazyERock(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2012 7:22:54 PM
bump of life
---
#4ObtikPosted 6/12/2012 7:27:24 PM
Haha, I would recommend TDU 2, which is probably something like what you're looking for... but I just can't in good conscience, the game is pretty terrible. You'll want to look into getting Forza Horizon, but it's not out yet.

You could look into getting the most recently released Dirt game... 3 I believe.

You could try Gears 3 for a good multiplayer / co-op game. It has plenty of different co-op features and a very complete MP.
---
XBL GT: l Mentu l
#5xerofyre0Posted 6/12/2012 7:34:50 PM
Burnout paradise
Need for speed hot pursuit
#6ObtikPosted 6/12/2012 9:38:11 PM
^ Just be wary that NFS Hot Pursuit's online mode is dead. The single player IS fun, but the online was half the fun.
---
#7Walkman_005Posted 6/12/2012 9:47:32 PM
I second NFS hot pursuit.

That's a really just plain good old fun game. Also in between sim and cartoon.

Great sense of speed, car selection, event variation, soundtrack, amazing enviornments you can get lost in.

Also I never played online cause I didn't wanna pay for it.

Finishing single player takes a good amount of hours. That was worth my buy.
#8EazyERock(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2012 10:47:16 PM
ill check out hot pursuit.. was a huge fan of the other 2..

and yeah ive heard that about Gears 3.. ive been playing Gears 2 and trying to get through that first, along with waiting for another price drop.. how does Gears 3 differ from 2?
---
#9meathoven2Posted 6/13/2012 2:28:30 AM
Midnight club la and Driver San Francisco, two of my favourite driving games i own on the 360. Also both really underated so online is probably dead but the single player is still great in both.
---
They rate stuff in crosses? :D I rate that review 0 tortured and crucified to death Saviours out of 5. - StreetFighter10
#10ObtikPosted 6/13/2012 8:13:21 AM
EazyERock posted...
ill check out hot pursuit.. was a huge fan of the other 2..

and yeah ive heard that about Gears 3.. ive been playing Gears 2 and trying to get through that first, along with waiting for another price drop.. how does Gears 3 differ from 2?

Gears 3 actually differs in a lot of ways. To begin, it's WAY more polished. The animations don't feel as cartoonish when jumping over cover and the graphics are improved. It offers 4 player campaign co-op (Not sure if Gears had 4 player or just 2?).

They updated Horde mode to Version 2.0. It's completely revamped. You earn points to spend as you progress, and it turns it into almost like a real-time tower defense, way better than the first one.

They also added Beast mode, a mode where you play as the locust and attack humans. This is four player as well.

The multiplayer is better in every way, the maps are superior, the guns are more balanced, the matchmaking works, and there's less lag.

All the DLC is already released, one single player "Raam's Shadow" which is AWESOME! I hated Gears 2 DLC, it was some of the worst DLC i've ever played. There's also a horde pack and two MP map packs.
---